Neighbours and comments when cleaning?

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Lol misinterpret when u can only take someone's reaction by text.

I agree with you though if I see someone cleaning a crap car I think why bother

People can call me whatever they like but at the end of the day I don't care less :lol:

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
My car is the 2nd most expensive thing i own so i want to look after it . You normally find the snidey remarkers have nails of cars . But my next door neighbour has a flat boggo 1.6 focus and he cleans it religiously everyweek waxed polished ' im sure he clays it aswel ' . I just think fair play its better than siting on ur arse

I have noticed lately how ppl are being abit snappy on here . Its a car forum not fb or so on . Chill boys

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Never wanted to offend anyone y'know bro but as you say people take things too much to heart for some reason, I cannot fathom it!!!!

Anyway back on topic, don't u hate random conversationalists when you are putting the 5th layer of carnauba wax on ;)

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working....

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Hey! I had a 106 gti years back and it was modded suspension wheels and then all engine mods it was great to see the look on people's faces (CTR's etc) when I beat them on 1/4miles or overtook them on track days.

I'd rather have a lesser car modded to take the smile off people's faces than just buying a fast car out the box.

I was refering to the 1.1 mate ;) chilax lol. I no the gti is a pocket rocket.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I was refering to the 1.1 mate ;) chilax lol. I no the gti is a pocket rocket.

I was saying that in a jokey manner as said before its hard to interrupt people over the net which is why so many people get arsey!

I'm if you ever meet me am very hard to offend and don't take much to heart at all do if you ever read a post off me and think it sounded arsey it properly wasn't meant to be ;)

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Lads lads lads. Chill. Can't believe a light hearted thread turned into this. Me at first 'offending' individuals by saying "Boggo vectra" and you chaps with the car thing??? Lol has everyone on here become soooo highly strung or what???

Cheers folks ;)

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Lads lads lads. Chill. Can't believe a light hearted thread turned into this. Me at first 'offending' individuals by saying "Boggo vectra" and you chaps with the car thing??? Lol has everyone on here become soooo highly strung or what???

Cheers folks ;)

This is all my fault :lol:

I was just bringing it to you attension, didn't think it would have caused outrage ha ha.

I do kinda see where you are coming from though. If say, i had a 'boggo vectra' i wouldn't bother with it either :)

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
This is all my fault :lol:

I was just bringing it to you attension, didn't think it would have caused outrage ha ha.

I do kinda see where you are coming from though. If say, i had a 'boggo vectra' i wouldn't bother with it either :)

lol it wasnt you mate, anyway lets get back on topic (which was actually quite funny)

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
I was saying that in a jokey manner as said before its hard to interrupt people over the net which is why so many people get arsey!

I'm if you ever meet me am very hard to offend and don't take much to heart at all do if you ever read a post off me and think it sounded arsey it properly wasn't meant to be ;)

Same here mate. I had a 1.1 pug 106 too lol egg on my face.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I've had about 5 people say to me "What liter is it"?

There must be about 8 ways of asking that question and "what liter is it? has to be, without doubt the most pikey way.

Why not say "what size engine's it got"

Far too many pikeys round my way :no:

Last edited:

Deleted member 77040

^ beastly eastleigh? lol

Love this thread, fortunately I wash my car away from the main road as my drive way is sort of behind the house so the only people that go down there is my house and next door and next doors lads clean their cars just as much as me so there is no hard feelings haha

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
I've had about 5 people say to me "What liter is it"?

There must be about 8 ways of asking that question and "what liter is it? has to be, without doubt the most pikey way.

Why not say "what size engine's it got"

Far too many pikeys round my way :no:

I never understand that either. Its not even as if having a big engine necessarily makes it quick.

I've had a 240bhp 1 litre , and a 115bhp 2 litre. I know which one was more impressive.

As for the OP, I'm always out doing something to some kind of car, and my neighbours never even comment. You clearly dont have a very good 'crabbit face'

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I never understand that either. Its not even as if having a big engine necessarily makes it quick.

I've had a 240bhp 1 litre , and a 115bhp 2 litre. I know which one was more impressive.

As for the OP, I'm always out doing something to some kind of car, and my neighbours never even comment. You clearly dont have a very good 'crabbit face'

Apart from that wee boy next door ha ha!!

Luckily my driveway extends round the back of the house so i just do all my car duties round there :)

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Had another funny guy today outside my house on my to the car to go work " where ur sponge i thought that was glued to ur hand haha" . Mate my fist will b stuck to ur face if u dnt f&@" off right now . Seriously ppl are way to nosey around my way . Rant over :)

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I've had a 240bhp 1 litre

WTF was that then?

Have always cleaned, waxed and polished the cars ever since from day 1 sh1tters. A bit of pride and effort no matter where you are in the scale of things goes a long way (imo). Even now the Pug gets almost as much looking after as the others and is the one that gets the most 'clean motor' comments. Probably as the 306 is just such an old design I suppose.

Even if I had a diesel Vectra it would get the necessary attention. Just the psyche to all objects - look after it.