Neighbours and comments when cleaning?

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Theres a few guys on my road that keep their cars pretty clean so they always pop over to ask what products i'm using and what i'm doing... usually when i'm half way through machine polishing a car and could do without the interuption to be honest but i dont mind too much...

The funniest was seeing the old fellas reaction to me using "German" products on the car...lol... wouldnt have happened in his time no doubt... during the war !

The others are the usual "you can do mine next" and "you've missed a bit" which i just ignore and crack on.

One of the guys saw me doing a few cars over a week or 2 and asked how much i charged cause his car needed some TLC. He never did come back to me ;)

KillieFr

Aug 12, 2012
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
The thing that gets me is when all the kids in the street decide to hang around and start cycling up and down the pavement. The bloody ended up falling into the cars either end of mine! I kinda snapped at them that if they fell into mine I would be raging haha poor kids

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
I wash mine every two weeks and when I do I get can you wash mine and make it look like yours?! Well they forget it takes weeks and weeks of washing various bits and waxing to make it thus good and easy to clean!!! They haven't cleaned theirs in about a year and expect it perfect in 1wash ? Pah!!!! What do these idiots know lol..

mathewh09

"Come and clean mine if you like" yeah like hell.. "your gonna polish the paint of" ohh the paint I spend hours protecting cheers for the warning!

taff141177

Jan 28, 2012
crewe
Cleaning it again are we and you can do mine when your finished are always the popular ones then the missus just tuts and shakes her head

Zee Man

All bases covered with the comments and encounters with neighbours while cleaning etc it seems...

Mine also think i'm mad especially with the good weather we've been having...
I have become immune to the comments after many years of trying to stay on top of a nice shinny/clean car
I am worse once my car is cleaned...i.m out trying to stay on top of it 2/3 times a week, in fact at the moment most days before work for a little bit of detailing here and there...

I guess it has become an obsession

So I also get the comments like... 'its some kind of ocd' I like to say oco, obsessive compulsive 'order' as i see the word 'disorder' as a negative term... nothing wrong with order and tidyness...
Funny thread :)

Zee Man

All bases covered with the comments and encounters with neighbours while cleaning etc it seems...

Mine also think i'm mad especially with the good weather we've been having...
I have become immune to the comments after many years of trying to stay on top of a nice shinny/clean car
I am worse once my car is cleaned...i.m out trying to stay on top of it 2/3 times a week, in fact at the moment most days before work for a little bit of detailing here and there...

I guess it has become an obsession

So I also get the comments like... 'its some kind of ocd' I like to say oco, obsessive compulsive 'order' as i see the word 'disorder' as a negative term... nothing wrong with order and tidyness...
Funny thread :)

B5NGV

Aug 29, 2013
One neighbour in particular likes to comment on how much it must cost me with a water meter fitted and repeated this on a regular basis. Until one day I told him I bypass the meter whilst washing the car, his face was a picture. It's not true but he doesn't know that.

Feb 26, 2013
One neighbour in particular likes to comment on how much it must cost me with a water meter fitted and repeated this on a regular basis. Until one day I told him I bypass the meter whilst washing the car, his face was a picture. It's not true but he doesn't know that.

:lol:

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
Best i had had was using my snow foam for the 1st time, I was playing with the settings and it was thick so 1 of my neighbours came out and asked if i was going to give the car a shave, he also thought i was using a grinder on my car when i got the da polisher out lol

Pete236

Oct 5, 2013
Love the shaving comment!! Can't believe that there's not been the most regular of all yet....It's gonna rain later you know?
Ah, but the water will bead and run off!!
Tbh I welcome a little chat, though all the neighbours round here are pretty elderly so it's never long before they have to rush off to the toilet.. and if I get 'you missed a bit', it's usually coz I have! :whistle:

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Lol! Some of these comments are brill! If it's a neighbour I don't like and he said "You'll wash that away one day." I would probably say "So if I chuck this bucket of water over you and rub you with this sponge, does that mean you'll #### off??!!" pmsl!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members