New 07 Leon Cupra - 240PS or 300PS?

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Hello!

After seeing Seat.co.uk and many other press releases, i was believing they had the 2.0TFSI tuned to 240PS....
http://seat.co.uk/generator/su/uk/modelCupra/site/models/choices/cupra/main.html

However! After visiting the infield paddock at Silverstone last Sunday, many people found this (photo courtesy of ZBoyd). We also spoke to some SEAT representatives saying this was true and theyre soon taking orders:
http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=11626

Which is true then? The latter looks pretty astonishing, and if it is just SCC, are they road legal??? O and how much :D

Last edited:

T. Spark

Unfortunately it doesn't because the Cupra Championship cars sports a K04, and were not yet 100% sure if the road going Cupra has the same turbo.

Were hopeful it will have K04, but we havn't managed to get enough access to one, to find out as yet.

Im sure your'll keeping try (only cos u wanna buy one yaself!)

These 300PS versions are the 2007 SCC cars, which I think retail at something daft like £35k+ but wont be slow, do you think they would be road legal?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Hi guys , interesting thread this , i had to go back to my local Revo dealer last week and i was talking to him about new devolpments that they were working on and i askd him when they will be remapping the new cupra , and his reply was that they already done it and figures are just short of 300BHP :)

I know what car im waiting to get :p

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
yes thats what im thinking.
if it was a k04, it wuold go well above 300 i'd think.
if it was k03, it would'nt quite reach 300.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Considering they havn't even built a production Cupra yet, other than a few motorshow mules, test mules, i'd think the chances are slim to non, that any tuning dealer has been near it.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Erm, wouldn't 300BHP through the front wheels be a little to much?

Well 287bhp is fine :)

Once youve driven it for more thana few minutes you just realise flooring it will wheelspin.
I though 250 would be too much before I actually started driving it.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Who said anything about a production car?
i was merely posting information thats what people use this site for , and thats what i used the site for on determining whether to buy a cupra or cupra R ,

Yes sometimes there are myths about specifications ect but its down to the person to clarify or dismiss these rumours , i have merley opened the can , dont be too quick to shoot down information after all the world was indeed proved to be round :p

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.