New 07 Leon Cupra - 240PS or 300PS?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Who said anything about a production car?
i was merely posting information thats what people use this site for , and thats what i used the site for on determining whether to buy a cupra or cupra R ,

Yes sometimes there are myths about specifications ect but its down to the person to clarify or dismiss these rumours , i have merley opened the can , dont be too quick to shoot down information after all the world was indeed proved to be round :p

:confused: Somone also said the earth was flat, and they were proved wrong ;)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I suppose it depends on what you are trying to do with it. If you are on a straightish piece of road sat at 50mph, and you want to accelerate past a tractor then 250bhp+ isn't a problem on FWD. The only time you start to have issues is with traction from standing starts as the power overwhelms the grip, or maybe accelerating from very low speeds out of tight bends.

Surely the torque must be as affecting as the bhp, so why does no-one ever say "if you have more than xxxlb/ft in a FWD you'll have no traction". I know the difference between BHP and lb/ft has been explained on here before, but is it only bhp that affects your traction, not torque?

The other problem is that the road cars must be 40% heavier than the equivalent race cars, with smaller less effective brakes and less tyre contact so when you have 300bhp+ in a standard FWD road car you start to push the physics under braking or during cornering / sharp changes of direction.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
I'd imagine torque is more important and has a greater effect wheel spin. I know if i boot it from low revs in the 1st two gears im going to light up the tires. Not sure about 200bhp petrol mk4 ibizas get on. I can get it to do it in 3rd if i want, but then my clutch wouldnt like it (this is in the dry).

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Well 287bhp is fine :)

Once youve driven it for more thana few minutes you just realise flooring it will wheelspin.
I though 250 would be too much before I actually started driving it.

Dan, you got 287BHP! That's fecking outrageous matey!

Front tyres doing OK??

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
just becuase I have the power doesnt mean I have to wheelspin everywhere :D good for the track though ;)

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Extra 10-15bhp compared to?

Well I have an induction kit and a second front mount intercooler. :)

Last edited:

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
If you've not done it already - about time you listed your mods matey? Or are you keeping them to yourself?

No doubt not available (just yet) for the TDI but you never know!

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
If you've not done it already - about time you listed your mods matey? Or are you keeping them to yourself?

No doubt not available (just yet) for the TDI but you never know!

No ones ever asked lol :whistle:

here you go..

Revo Stage 2,
Milltek Full System,
Forge Twintercooler FMIC,
Neuspeed P-Flo,
Eibach Pro Street-S coilovers,
H&R Anti Roll Bars,
Powerflex torque arm insert.

ewizzy

No ones ever asked lol :whistle:

here you go..

Revo Stage 2,
Milltek Full System,
Forge Twintercooler FMIC,
Neuspeed P-Flo,
Eibach Pro Street-S coilovers,
H&R Anti Roll Bars,
Powerflex torque arm insert.

Areany of your handling mods availablefor the FR TDi 170? Particularly the torque arm insert? and does it help with wheel hop?

I get terrible wheel hop when accelarating hard and coming out of 2nd gear corners :(

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Alex

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Areany of your handling mods availablefor the FR TDi 170? Particularly the torque arm insert? and does it help with wheel hop?

I get terrible wheel hop when accelarating hard and coming out of 2nd gear corners :(

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Alex

I guess both the ARB's ad the coilovers should be avalible, check the websites for the product numbers, or give your local tuner a call. Most of y mods are listed as the golf GTI but fit my leon fine, so you might have to see mods for an alternative weighted car.

Checkout the powerflex website for the bush.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.