New 1.5 instead of 1.4 in ordered Leon FR

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
For your convenience ....you can clearly see in the new price list the different engine outputs ...

Attachments

• IMG_1545.PNG
    IMG_1545.PNG
    474.6 KB · Views: 69

Blubonez

May 18, 2018
Ahhhh that explains it then. The only info I could find was for the 130 so thanks for replying to the thread.

Reactions: Rainman

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
If you are looking for a descent /easy to drive / fast enough (with sub 8.0 for 0-60 you aren't call it slow either ) and economical car ...I don't think you will be disappointed ....
Plus if that's not enough for you don't forget that VW group is very easy to remap with ready solutions like bluefin for example .....( 185bhp and 300Nm ) which I think it's more than enough fir every day use ..

Blubonez

May 18, 2018
Yep...that is all I'm after....a decent looking, economical, every-day use car. I'm not looking at taking on the local "yoot" at the lights!! I was worryingly informed by a mate of mine the other week that the neighbourhood car thieves have taken a keen interest in Seats lately. Just my luck that'll be......wait 7 months for the car then have it taken after 7 days!!!!

Reactions: Rainman

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Fingers crossed for you that the times are a reality!! I was very naive as it is my 1st new car purchase. After waiting a long time to decide and get finances in place I didnt envisage waiting 7 months but just fell unlucky with the new regulations I guess.

Volvo gave me a build date of on or around 20th Oct, so should be on time 'ish.'

Blubonez

May 18, 2018
Latest update....... Heard off the dealer this week via an email video. Apparently, my car is at the port in Spain and he will be in touch next week with more info on when it should arrive at the dealership. Does anyone have a guesstimate on how long this normally takes? Cheers.

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
I was told by SEAT customer services 3-4 weeks from the build date to get to the dealer. If its in the UK port its 7-10 days from UK port to dealer. Mine took 2 weeks to get to the UK port where it's still sat now.

Blubonez

May 18, 2018
It's in the Spanish port according to the dealer. How long does it normally take to get to the UK do you know? Cheers for the reply though. Hopefully it'll arrive before December but seems too optimistic to expect it in by the end of this month.

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
I'm sure it won't be December. 3-4 weeks from when it's built to arriving at dealer.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Fingers crossed for you that the times are a reality!! I was very naive as it is my 1st new car purchase. After waiting a long time to decide and get finances in place I didnt envisage waiting 7 months but just fell unlucky with the new regulations I guess.

Well, been told the car (the Volvo V40) is built and will be on the ship soon, so no delays on WLTP front. Actually it will be here a month early...but shame I collect it till Dec, as I still have my Seat....still feel for you 7 months!

seatcaner

Oct 12, 2018
Absolutely. I was expecting the car to be built in the end of July, but now its expected to be built in October.... Yes better give your dealer a call to sort it out

Blubonez

May 18, 2018
The past week I have had the dealer change from "the car is at a Spanish port" to "the car is on its way to a Spanish port" and, after an email querying this, the latest news is that the car is at a UK port!!! I am not holding my breath but fingers crossed it will be here before December :clap:

Reactions: Aris88

Blubonez

May 18, 2018
Latest news update. Had a call Monday to say the car is at the dealership!!! Just my luck......and you will all love this.....but I am having my spud-tubes snipped Thursday :ill: so am leaving the car til next week so I get the benefit of the 5 day insurance. This brings me on to another question. Phoned SEAT insurers today to book this 5-day packet and convo was going well until they tried to find the 1.5 engine on their database. I've noticed it doesnt come up on other insurers either.....still just the 1.4. He promptly ended the call after telling me I have to get the exact model details along with the engines CC.

How long do you think it will take before this 1.5 engine starts getting listed with brokers?

Cheers all.

Skipp

Oct 15, 2018
My MY18 1.4 125Hp sits at 200Nm, and the 150Hp version has 250Nm... Is the 100cc/5Hp boost there because of the new ECO filters? I see the torque is exactly the same. Is there any difference in performance? I can't find any 0-60 specs for the new engines at our local dealership site

edit: nvm, just found it. looks like the 1.4 125 is a tiny bit faster than the new engine. damn eco filters!
Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members