New 170bhp Diesel

Discussion in 'TDi - SEAT Diesel specific topics' started by rjg2, Dec 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. rjg2

rjg2 Guest

Anyone know when the new 170bhp diesel is going to be released in either Golf or Leon ?

2. nomad

nomad £5 & I'll feck off !

It's going to be in the new Altea FR according to Autocar this week !! :)

Autocar

3. T. Spark

T. Spark Guest

Yes it is, so id imagine it will be also in the FR Leon, then a 200bhp+ DERV in the Cupra Leon :D

4. AoS

AoS It is mine, all mine.....

VW are bringing out a Golf GT next year - Petrol is a 1.4 Supercharged and turbocharged ( :wtf: ) and I'm sure there is a diesel version coming out too, both at 160-170bhp... Do an image search on google images, it looks sweet! Boost gage on the dash, I want one! (boost gage that is)

5. Triple D

Triple D Guest

That 1.4 when both the supercharger and turbo are at optimum use the total psi is 29 or 39 iirc which is shit loads.

6. AoS

AoS It is mine, all mine.....

Just found this -

"Another power unit for the Golf GT will be available from the end of 2005 also: the powerful 125 kW / 170 PS 2.0 TDI. This four-valve TDI engine with piezoelectric pump/nozzle injection elements and a diesel particulate filter as standard gives the Golf GT extremely sporty performance with a torque of 350 newton metres, combined with attractive consumption values."

http://www.tuningnews.net/news/050830/vw-golf-gt.php

Must be the same engine that is going to be in the new FR diesel?

7. scott04shark

scott04shark Guest

as well as having a turbocharger and supercharger they are sayin it will be as economical as a diesel

8. Ant FR

Ant FR Full Member

Nearly as economical as a modern day diesel, so around 45mpg on the run. But not as good as PD unit.

but if you compare it to a ford diesel then yeah its close.

9. devonmikeyboy

devonmikeyboy Senior Member

Is there any difference between the tdi140 and the tdi170 engine apart from just a remap? Myself i wouldnt touch the new super/turbo charged engine since after the warrenty has gone nobody will probably want to touch it if it neededs fixing apart from a VW dealer.

10. muddyboots

muddyboots Still hanging around

Not only that, but it sounds like they are wringing every last drop of power from it already - doubt there's much room for any (reliable) tuning.

11. techie

techie Skoda Techie

The PD 170 is either allready available or will be very soon in the new Passat (same floorpan/layout aka A5 platform as the Leon/Altea/Toledo).

12. muddyboots

muddyboots Still hanging around

Wonder what the new TDI badge colouring scheme will be :)

13. sssstew

sssstew Editing your spelling

oh good point muddy. Might have a red I now they have reverted back to all silver TDI for the 2.0 TDI 140bhp.

14. craig-pd130

craig-pd130 Full Member

The real difference is the Piezo injectors -- they're more accurate and allow multiple squirts of fuel per combustion stroke, so you get optimum fuelling, not just overfuelling.

15. devonmikeyboy

I know the injectors are different between an 8v and 16v PD TDI but the PD140 and PD170 are both 16v engines and i dought that VW are going to fit different size or design injectors on the two engines.Its probably just remapped to a higher bhp since PD140 engines can be remaaped already to 190 bhp.

16. craig-pd130

craig-pd130 Full Member

What I mean is, I believe the PD140 has "conventional" PD injectors but the PD170 has piezo injectors for better control

17. devonmikeyboy

I am 99.9% sure that the 140 has piezo injectors so i think that you are wrong there mate but i could be wrong.

18. craig-pd130

craig-pd130 Full Member

Just called the local VAG main dealer to ask about the availability of the PD170 motor in the Passat and new Jetta.

Apparently it's introduction has been "delayed" and the dealer doesn't know when it will be available ..... certainly won't be before March 06, he reckons .....