NEW 2019 Curpa 290 ez.. No DSG bangs or pop whatsoever!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
My new 290 is a little quiet as I've not even done 200 miles yet.

I do hear burbling/cracking when revving from standstill but when on the move I get more of a muted thud rather than the fart when changing gear in Cupra mode. I expect it to get better once things bed in.

So much nicer than my old manual SC 280, not much sound at all from the SC 280.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I've heard my MY19 pop once when really pushing and only because it bounced off walls I was driving past. I'm coming up to 1000 miles now and the exhaust has got audibly much louder inside the cabin with a huge amount of induction noise. When stationery in Cupra mode with the doors open you can hear it pop and bang too - so I'm sure it does occasionally while driving.

I think it sounds decent for the type of car it is, a wolf in sheeps clothing.
I'm getting the same results as yourself, there is a really meaty grumble from the exhaust at low speeds. I'm happy with the way it is as it's sounds so much more satisfying than my old manual SC280.

I also don't mind the sound acktor, totally revised from the 280. I may unplug in the future if it gets on my tits!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
Just been having a read of this and thought I'd give you my input as I was probably the first one in the country to have the frankencupra.
Mines just ticked over a thousand miles on the clock and there is a noticeable difference in exhaust tone.
Had the windows yesterday and the dsg farts were almost gun shot loud,had people in the street turning to look.cupra mode and gearbox in sport as people have already said.
There is also over run crackles and pops although not all the time.is it different to the 300 I tested? At first yes,but now I'd say there was little to no difference.

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
Still haven't heard even one.

Wondering if the 4 Drive is noticeably quieter by design. Seriously considering a res delete on mine already. Are there any kits that fit the 4 drive?

Yasali746

Nov 23, 2018
HI

Has anyone noticed this on their 2019ym cuppa 290. The car sounds pathetic! Not sure if its due to having a GPF fitted. I can't get it to fart or crack at all. Also no remap avalible yet to fix this problem.
Mine has done 1k miles know and you can start to hear the pops and bangs but its not that great to be honest

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Still haven't heard even one.

Wondering if the 4 Drive is noticeably quieter by design. Seriously considering a res delete on mine already. Are there any kits that fit the 4 drive?

MQB based 4wd.

I am considering to buy such a kit to my sons Golf 7R (from Santa Claus). Since Audi S3 and VW Golf 7 R use the same kit it’s rather likely that the resonator delete kit will fit Leon 5F 4wd.

What do you think about this?:

Golf 7R
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VAGSport-R...=item363ef59e08:g:vLwAAOSwp7FaetcL:rk:11:pf:0

S3
https://progressiveparts.com/vagsport-audi-s3-8v-2012-resonator-delete-pipe-kit

Golf 7R , says including estate models
https://progressiveparts.com/vagsport-vw-golf-mk7-75-r-resonator-delete-pipe-kit-vagsp10002

/Peter

Last edited:

cola

May 23, 2018
I thought I'd update this as my car has now done 1300 miles. I unplugged the sound actuator a couple days ago (genuine 5min job) as I found I far more enjoyed the sound in comfort mode..

The exhaust has now got much louder inside the cabin and in cupra/s the pops and bangs are definitely there albeit nothing like the gunshots you might hear on youtube videos. Without the fake noise you get a lovely deep raspy note under acceleration with a handful of induction noise. Sounds really good IMO.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
I thought I'd update this as my car has now done 1300 miles. I unplugged the sound actuator a couple days ago (genuine 5min job) as I found I far more enjoyed the sound in comfort mode..

The exhaust has now got much louder inside the cabin and in cupra/s the pops and bangs are definitely there albeit nothing like the gunshots you might hear on youtube videos. Without the fake noise you get a lovely deep raspy note under acceleration with a handful of induction noise. Sounds really good IMO.

Yeah I’ve done the same couldn’t stand the fake noise! I screwed mine all the way to work tonight, even tried launch control on the approach road into work.. had the exhaust popping on upshift!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wak3D

Sep 29, 2018
Thame, Oxford

Hi, wondering if you can help, i just tried to unplug my sound Aktor as it drives me mad in cupra mode !

Removed rubber and clips as per first stages on all you tube vids i can see, however on my MY19 model there is no central split in the wiper cover as in all the videos (see pic) so without really forcing the cover I just can’t get my hand in the gap to access the Sound Aktor let alone the plug. Does your car have the central split or is there another way ?

My first choice would be OBDeleven to turn it off but by the time ive bought the kit and the android device (i’m an ios user) to use with it I would of spent around £100 which is a bit excessive as I only want to make one change

Attachments

• 64B88F37-9F55-4315-A939-96E033F7B81F.jpeg
    64B88F37-9F55-4315-A939-96E033F7B81F.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 176

Deleted member 103408

carista supports ios and i suspect can turn it off or give a shout out to anybody with vcds obd11 or carista to turn it off for you

Reactions: Wak3D

cola

May 23, 2018
Hi, wondering if you can help, i just tried to unplug my sound Aktor as it drives me mad in cupra mode !

Hey, no central split for me either - it is entirely different to the Golf R videos on Youtube. Once the clips and rubber were removed, I used a flat knife to remove the plastic plug thing on the left side that was holding the cover down. I was able to make a gap just big enough to squeeze in and pull the plug out.

I'll try and get a picture this evening.

I probably just have very small hands :thumbd:

Wak3D

Sep 29, 2018
Thame, Oxford
Hey, no central split for me either - it is entirely different to the Golf R videos on Youtube. Once the clips and rubber were removed, I used a flat knife to remove the plastic plug thing on the left side that was holding the cover down. I was able to make a gap just big enough to squeeze in and pull the plug out.

I'll try and get a picture this evening.

I probably just have very small hands :thumbd:

Many thanks @cola dont worry tonight though , I have ordered the carista on amazon prime so gonna give that a go first. I will let you know if I need help though !

Cheers

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West

Removed rubber and clips as per first stages on all you tube vids i can see, however on my MY19 model there is no central split in the wiper cover as in all the videos (see pic) so without really forcing the cover I just can’t get my hand in the gap to access the Sound Aktor let alone the plug. Does your car have the central split or is there another way ?

My first choice would be OBDeleven to turn it off but by the time ive bought the kit and the android device (i’m an ios user) to use with it I would of spent around £100 which is a bit excessive as I only want to make one change

Hope this may help, this is the method I did to unplug mine.

Top left (driver side) you’ll see the sound Aktor behind the black plastic mesh.
1, Remove the foam 1st
2, Remove the Plastic plug as in pic this will release the black plastic mesh I then wedge the plastic mesh up enough to reach the cable plug.

Hopefully this will help you unless you’ve got man size finger unlike my girly hands haha.

Job done!

d37d395f41e99b4105b22dc4d99ab5f8.jpg
7cb00ee843a7e6600b2b7e0dbaad4f2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I initially thought the car was quiet, I've turned off the sound aktor using obdeleven. The exhaust sounds great now that it can be heard and has nice sometimes deep tones to it.

Now that I can have it in cupra mode and be able to listen as the miles clock up (400 currently) the exhaust keeps sounding better, nice over run and crackling as it slows and down changes and I'm sure I've started to hear faint dsg farts.

My advice is turn off the sound aktor the engine and exhaust sound great without it, give the exhaust time to settle as I think the noise keeps improving.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.