New Arrival

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Hi all,

After a long wait I finally collected my new 1.4 fr today.

I'll do more in depth review shortly, only one problem in that the lid to the central console won't open which is a bit annoying. Also I picked the worst possible day weather wise, 100 miles on the M25 has caked the car in massives of dirt and grime.

Engine was pretty sweet though :)

If any has any queries on the model or needs pictures I'll be happy to help.

TIMBUCK2

Hi Andy,

Congratulations on your new FR, I'm sure it will live up to expectations.

Mine is being delivered to my house tomorrow afternoon, assuming that the Dartford Tunnel has reopened by then that is as the dealer is in Kent & I live in the North-East !! I'm half expecting a call in the morning from the dealer asking if they can deliver on a different day, you couldn't write it really.

Anyway, I'll post a couple of pics as well when I get chance.

Out of interest, I know from previous posts that you also ordered through DTD on a PCP arrangement but did you cancel the contract on delivery and settle the balance (thus saving the £1,240) or are you seeing it through for the full duration ? If the former then was it a as painless an experience as it was previously for Starbucks & others, as this is the route I'm going down.

Cheers.

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Yes, it's looking good, I shall play around a bit more today.

Yes I ordered through DTD and took out the PCP. After careful consideration I decided to exercise my right of withdrawal.

Like many others I phoned the Audi dept, and spoke to extremely nice lady who gladly helped me through the process. Overall charges were under a fiver.

You can only settle a max of 3k over the phone, so what they do is add a note to your account confirming your intention to withdraw, this freezes the interest and then you'll get a letter instructing you to pay the balance within thirty days which I plan to do via bank transfer

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.