1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

New Badgerwagen-Fast Road Project Car Leon Cupra tfsi

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by ibizacupra, Aug 24, 2013.

1. cupra.al

inferi black. :)

2. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

thanks
    :thumbup:

3. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

Small update..
    Fitted H&R anti roll bars to it..
    What an improvement in handling they were.

Corners very flat now... nice.
    Diff next

4. Pimped up vario

Pimped up vario Cordy Cruizer

Good to hear. I'd like to get one for the cordoba one day. I say one day because she keeps me busy with mundane things like broken window regulators and friction linings falling off backing plates. I'll have to review of your thread and study your suspension setup/hub carrier fandango.

I had a read through and it's all about the mapping, no suspension. Have you got another build thread of the badgerwagen? Thanks.

#164 Pimped up vario, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  5. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

no thread as such I can remember doing.. whatevers written is on my section, and later stuff is on my facebook page.. Badger5 one

6. Pimped up vario

Facebook is evil. Only joking I just haven't joined the sea of faces in the book. If it's in your section then I'll have a peruse and see what I can find. I'm particularly interested in the hub carrier and it's affect on the inclined trail. Thanks.

7. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

the what and the what?
    :confused:

8. Pimped up vario

I probably made that name up, sounded good though. The hub carriers on the likes of the mk1 leon allow camber of the front wheels to change when the steering is turned off straight ahead position. For instance if you turn the steering wheel to the right the N/S wheel leans in toward car and the O/S wheel leans or is angled out away from the car. It compensates for the body roll and aims to keep the tyre upright and as big contact patch with the ground. I suppose it would limit shoulder wear as well. I just jumped to conclusions and thought you might have had something fancy like that. I'd definitely like to know what polybushes that you are running as I'm having a bit of bother with my powerflex but it's with one particular arm so can't say it's their fault to be fair. But it's giving jipp twice now so I'd like to try a different brand to see if it eliminates the problem. That is if you're using something other than powerflex of course.

#168 Pimped up vario, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  9. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

I dont run mk4 type hubs on mine no.. What you describe is caster..
    I run later mk3 golf hubs on mine which gives me a little more caster, and wishbone bushes which give me a little more and adjustable top mounts which give me more again..

10. Pimped up vario

Sounds like a master plan for my wagen. Thanks for the info. I'll look at your wagen on youtube again later. The daughters learning guitar at the minute. She's being taught by her grandmother who used to do cabaret along side Roy walker who used to do the game show catchphrase, he passed away a couple of years ago. Another useless piece of information for you. :D

11. cupra.al

Roy walker isnt dead.

Anyway back on topic Bill are you running a complete pcv delete kit on your leon.
    As there are kits available that do away with that breather that goes to the rear of the cam cover and straight down to the turbo? to stop all that nastyness being recycled into and onto the inlet valves.

12. Pimped up vario

You're right. Apologises Mr Walker, don't what made me think he'd carked it.