New brakes Squeaking

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I installed new brake pads and discs I have brembo discs and pagid pads, when I changed them I applied the anti squeak copper stuff and gave the caliper a quick clean but they are squeaking anybody know why?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Did they have integral anti squeal shims fitted on the pads ?, I have bought pads int the past and you needed to transfer them from the old pads.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I found the copper stuff awful. You could give this a try (it's what I use):
https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/...luids-and-greases/grease/?526770250&0&cc5_150

On the bright side, if you wait long enough and remove the pads, it'll be shiny where it's rubbing and you'll know where to put the extra grease.
I wanted to get brembo pads I have brembo discs but the pads were to small do you know where I could get brembo pads to fit on stock caliper

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I wanted to get brembo pads I have brembo discs but the pads were to small do you know where I could get brembo pads to fit on stock caliper.

EuroCarParts have them for my MK2. Might be worth a look.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Wrong section as well this needs to go in the MK3 Leon section as its a SEAT Leon Cupra. This section is for new CUPRA cars....

If Brembo made pads for the stock discs they would be advertised on websites such as GSF

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
GSF list them £135 for Brembo + 60% off code at the moment
They only have the rear brake pads the front pads are for the brembo calipers and I have the stock cupra calipers my pads are 155mm the brembo pads are 135mm I think, but thank you anyway for taking the time to look.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I've been looking every where and can't find them I think I need the brembo calipers not the stock cupra calipers.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise