New car, what products to buy?!

RRG

Feb 23, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi guys. Looking for some help. I am picking up my new mk3 Seat Leon Cupra 290 tomorrow and need advice on what products to use on it as I want to jump straight into protecting the paintwork. Going from a 2005 mk1 leon to a 16 plate so all my microfiber cloths and sponges are in the bin.

So far:

Bought two new buckets from autobrite with grit guards
3L autobrite drying towel
I currently use Autoglym Shampoo or, meguires gold wash and condition to wash my cars (I think these are good, unless you's suggest another alternative?)
Ordered carbon collective glass sealant and iron remover.

So, I am wondering, whats the best wax? paint sealant? Wheel sealant? and polish? and best snow foam?

My new car is nevada white if this helps.

Also looking to a invested into a new pressure washer and snowfoam lance. I was thinking of getting the Karcher K2 and autobrite snow foam lance?

So far been advised to get Poorboys wheel sealant.

Thanks in advance :D!

Last edited:

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Hi Just bought a FR 150 in White.

Basically good wash and rinse with two bucket method,plenty of rinse, and open hose to finish.

I then used Bilt Hamber Korrosol Fall out remover quite a lot of Iron Deposits and great fun wash off.
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/cgi-...l&PN=bilt-hamber-korrosol-cat6.html#aBHKO1000

I didnt bother claying paint as feels smooth to touch just clayed Windscreen and Glass.

Changed my Plan Autoglym SRP Topped with AG Extra Gloss Sealant forgot how good it is and So Easy...

Best wax I have used on white is Supernatural Hybrid but find with waxs if in dusty environment they tend to make dust cling.

Hope thats of some help :)

Last edited:

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
Auto Finnesse products are very good as are kleen freeks as for the snow foam Lance Autobrite is spot on but everybody has there favourites

LillianJacks

Jun 6, 2016
carseatresearch.com
Good post, thanks. One question on the financing... I've always thought that when paying cash or doing your own financing it was best not to disclose that until the final price was negotiated. Gives the dealer the impression they could make some more off of the financing aspect, offering more incentive to lower the sales price. But you're finding that doesn't make any difference in your deals, and in fact having cash is actually a plus?

ySoCereal

Jun 2, 2016
as above auto finesse is good, I recently bought tough coat for the first time and it's fantastic and easy to use.

I hosed down the car, basic wash with quality shampoo, then de-tar, wash, clayed, paint cleaner, tough coat, prima amigo glaze then waxed. The protection from water is ridiculous and the shine is amazing.

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
as above auto finesse is good, I recently bought tough coat for the first time and it's fantastic and easy to use.

I hosed down the car, basic wash with quality shampoo, then de-tar, wash, clayed, paint cleaner, tough coat, prima amigo glaze then waxed. The protection from water is ridiculous and the shine is amazing.

heard some not so good reviews on tough coat, apparantly doesnt last too long :/

also seal glaze then wax? hould glaze seal then wax your glaze will mask your sealant and not last as long as it would under a sealant

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.