New Car with mods

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
No worries fella.

Just don't want people spending their hard earned with the potential of seeing it wasted.

i.e. mapped for stock clutch (friendly sub 300lbs) then it slips (or maybe perhaps lucky enough to hold...?). Then replace clutch be it a new stock one or perhaps an uprated to guarantee non slippage and still with a half fat map.

My take was to do it once and for all. It was a 3 year old at the time with 27k on the clutch, replaced it with a SACHS organic and still going strong at 68k today 6 years later.

Not suggesting anything but you pays yer money and you takes your choice....

Over the years countless members have put through a sub map only to see it slipping within a weeks. Some on the way back even. Conversely there are the odd lucky members too. Your call mate.

ebo007

Jul 15, 2008
Dundee, Scotland
So car struggled with mot due to the smoke but it got passed.
The smoke has got worse and it sounded a bit rough this morning on start up so switched it off and dipped the oil, almost dry. Very worrying as it was only serviced last month.
Been looking on here and it's possible the turbo seals may have gone, I did notice a whistling noise form the turbo last week. Mechanic is looking at it tomorrow so now I'm sh*iting it that the turbo is gone and possibly done some damage to the engine with running it on low/no oil for however long and my 300 miles a week round trip to work. :censored::cry::cry:

Will update tomorrow

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
what was the outcome on the car after all ok ?

that noise is what most the pd150s make mines pretty loud and got a bit more since the exhaust and carbonio intake
have also fitted hard boost pipes too now

as for clutch when i bought mine on the hjourney home it started to slip ( bought at 50k )

i now dont hold foot flat to floor but give ir more of a squeeze

its the torque spike that kills clutches ( looka t your graph it spikes up rapid then tails off )

mines now on nearly a 110k and still on same clutch ( touches wooden desk !! )

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members