New car!

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Hey all! Finally picked my new Leon up on Friday!! It's the 184 diesel with convenience pack, 18inch wheels, winter pack, alcantara seats and obviously the free tech pack.

First impressions were that i was delighted with my decision to go with red as i'd mulled for the last 7 weeks wether it was the right choice ahead of white lol

Inside, the car is such a step up from the mk2 and the seats give you that nice hug feeling. The seat touch screen infotainment system is tremendous and their is a nice classy feel about the cabin.

Driving is great, it is amazingly refined and even though i've been letting the engine run in, you can tell there is a bagful of torque with that 184ps!

Oh...and the lights....when you get your Leon, find a country road at night!! Enough said!!:lol:

I've got a slight rattling on the driver's side door but i'll bring that up with the dealer after the weekend.

Hope my little review wasn't too full of "amazing and delightful" but really happy with my Leon. Attached a couple of photo's for everyone as well :)

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
Great looking car! Did you purchase a registration number prefixed NU ( = new car), or does this just happen to be your DVLA registration area code?

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
Great looking car, but a rattle already, thats very poor, hopefully dealer will come good and sort quickly.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Great looking car! Did you purchase a registration number prefixed NU ( = new car), or does this just happen to be your DVLA registration area code?

Six months later, madduffyx realises the one flaw in his choice of personalised number plate lol ;-)

Lovely car, you made the right choice going for the red, I had the same dilemma, choosing between two colours and had I made the right choice

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Thanks for all the nice comments, I've either spent the day admiring it from the house or out driving :D it just happens that NU is my area code! Works well at the moment but yes DW, not in 6 months lol! Rattle is hopefully just a minor issue and will get sorted easily :)

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
looks very nice mate getting mine in red now too :D along with the 18 inch alloys but i want to get them powder coated in black as it suits the red really well just need to wait another month for mine :(

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
Looking good Madduffy, I'd get that Fiat sitting on the road instead though ;)

The only issue I've had/noticed in the two weeks I've had mine was when I noticed yesterday that the brake light in the rear spoiler (can you even class that as a spoiler?!) seems to be cracked (on the inside), mainly in the area where the screw is. It was only because I was very close that I even saw it.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Lovely car!

Where are you from? I notice it's an NU, which means it was registered at the stockton DVLA office, so must have been Darlington/Middlesbrough?

allan69

Jul 30, 2010
Wellingborough, UK
Thanks for all the nice comments, I've either spent the day admiring it from the house or out driving :D it just happens that NU is my area code! Works well at the moment but yes DW, not in 6 months lol! Rattle is hopefully just a minor issue and will get sorted easily :)

I also have this same rattle in the drivers door, once you have found a fix could you let me know so that I can get mine sorted.

I have been to the garage to report this issue, but after a test drive noise wasn't present, but soon as you leave it re-appers... Sod law :confused:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Where to start.....lol

MJstokes: I'll try and get some interior pictures when I'm out today. Got the good old supermarket shop
and will be parking it as far away from any cars as possible!

Liam: I did think about it, but I'll probably wait until i've had it for a couple of years and i fancy a change :) Thought the black wheels and black wing mirrors would look good tho!

James: Trust me, it's a matter of time before my car is on the drive! The joy's of having a 1910 house is that the drive doesn't allow for anything larger than a fiat 500 :( Already got the plans sorted to knock down part of the wall :D Also, might check mine and make sure I don't have the same crack.

Jarre, i live in the lovely (not-so) Darlington lol I'm guessing your from around the area as well? If so....do you know of any places i can get the car clayed, washed, waxed etc. I literally have no weekends free for the next couple of months and really want to make sure the paint is conditioned before we head into the lovely British weather.

Allan: Why does it always seem to happen like that!?! I shall keep you posted on my progress with the rattling door :)

Again, thanks for all the great comments :D even with it grey and rainy outside today, still looks great!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Jarre, i live in the lovely (not-so) Darlington lol I'm guessing your from around the area as well? If so....do you know of any places i can get the car clayed, washed, waxed etc. I literally have no weekends free for the next couple of months and really want to make sure the paint is conditioned before we head into the lovely British weather.

Correct, I'm from Yarm :)

I haven't used the place, but his work comes very highly recommended. North East Car Care in Hartlepool could cater for all your detailing needs. He's got a Facebook page with loads and loads of photos on of his work (updated much more often than his website is).

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Cheers Jarre, greatly appreciated! I shall have a look :) Ahh Yarm! I lived in Eaglescliffe (behind the big tesco's) for a year when i moved across from Scotland a couple of years ago. Many a good night was had in the Keys :lol:

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
North East car care - based in hartlepool.

As jarre correctly said has lots of work on facebook page

Did my last car, will get this one done when funds allow

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
I know Shaun from North East Car Care and his work is awesome.

He's done a lot of work for show cars on dubnortheast.

Also David from DDB is excellent and done my old show golf with amazing results but he's a bit further at North Shields.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.