New car!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Cheers Jarre, greatly appreciated! I shall have a look :) Ahh Yarm! I lived in Eaglescliffe (behind the big tesco's) for a year when i moved across from Scotland a couple of years ago. Many a good night was had in the Keys :lol:

Yeah Yarm is pretty good, I'm more of a Middlesbrough lad for a night out though!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Really nice mate, you must be made!

I hate to say it but the paint on the drivers side door and rear quarter look way off colour. It definately isnt the camera as you can see it from the side profile and that rear quarter side profile picture you took. I would get a detailer to exam and see if the SEAT garage got it resprayed cause of an accident in workshop or something. It maybe the way SEAT sprayed it from factory.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Hey jonjay, appreciate the comment. I'll have a look in the morning. Had a look at the pictures again and I think it could just be because of the difference in reflections. What's everyone else's thoughts?

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Looking at it closely I see what you mean! Will investigate tomorrow :(

Last edited:

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
It does look a little off, hard to say from the photo though.

Question: Did you get the iPod aux cable for the glove box with your car (or any other adapter cables)?

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I noticed the door color as well. Didn't you see the car when it was delivered to the dealer and still wrapped up? I think you posted a pic in the other thread. I have heard of dealers doing minor repairs on new cars that have damage during transit but this seems more like a factory paint issue. I hope it is just the photos though :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hey jonjay, appreciate the comment. I'll have a look in the morning. Had a look at the pictures again and I think it could just be because of the difference in reflections. What's everyone else's thoughts?

Your welcome. Didn't want to dampen moment but the detailer inside me had to say something cause you spent a lot of money on it and it should be perfect. Definitely not a reflection issue I'm afraid.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I noticed the door color as well. Didn't you see the car when it was delivered to the dealer and still wrapped up? I think you posted a pic in the other thread. I have heard of dealers doing minor repairs on new cars that have damage during transit but this seems more like a factory paint issue. I hope it is just the photos though :)

I would be extremely surprised if it was from factory as they get machines to spray cars. The more delicate bits are done by humans. More likely dealer got it fixed case of damage during transportation. The painter didn't colour match or blend very well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I was thinking it was the factory cos madduffy posted a pic of it still wrapped the day before. My CTR had really bad factory paint issues, none of the panels were the same shade of silver! It was a common issue with the Hondas and I've noticed patchy silver cars from other manufacturers including VW.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I was thinking it was the factory cos madduffy posted a pic of it still wrapped the day before. My CTR had really bad factory paint issues, none of the panels were the same shade of silver! It was a common issue with the Hondas and I've noticed patchy silver cars from other manufacturers including VW.

Understood. BUT just one panel on whole car.... Just the door and not rear or front quarter mismatching too?

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
This was literally after it had been dropped off on the transporter. Photo is taken from the same side.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Problem is that it's in sunlight and it's red :) nevertheless! Investigate anyway, get a PTG number on the door from a detailer.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Will do :) If it's going to be anything I would of thought it was at the factory because there was no damage on the door when it turned up. My mate suggested it might not of been buffed properly? I'll investigate and let you all know of my findings :)

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Something may have been picked up at port and touched up there before it reached the dealer. Let us know how you get on mate.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Yeh, though it appears the same on both side of the car lol I'm going to the detailer anyways to get the car washed, sealed, clayed etc so he said he'd have a look while I was there :)

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Possibly very slightly different, may just be the light though. Take it to a fuel station at night and check it under the florescent lights you should be able to see for sure...

If it is different i wouldn't accept it as they are unlikely to be able to match it:cry:

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
In the photo just above at dealers it looks ok, but at start of post can see difference. On the mk2 leon the bumpers were always different shade to other panels due to plastic.

Dealers Bristol Street i take it, recognised the car park by that green fence

Which detailer you going too?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.