New car!

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Evening all, just back from the detailer. Marty it was Paul from deluxe detailing. Such a nice guy and really knew what he was talking about :) Went round the car with a little hand held device and confirmed it hadn't been respayed, touched up or tampered with. Said there was consistency with the other panels. With regards to the colour, in his workshop you couldn't visually see any difference and he said that it was most likely down to the lighting and angle of the car when I was taking the picture. At least that puts my mind to rest lol Couldn't recommend Paul enough tho!

Shiners

Jun 29, 2013
Scotland
Evening all, just back from the detailer. Marty it was Paul from deluxe detailing. Such a nice guy and really knew what he was talking about :) Went round the car with a little hand held device and confirmed it hadn't been respayed, touched up or tampered with. Said there was consistency with the other panels. With regards to the colour, in his workshop you couldn't visually see any difference and he said that it was most likely down to the lighting and angle of the car when I was taking the picture. At least that puts my mind to rest lol Couldn't recommend Paul enough tho!

Ay, that little device would've been a paint depth meter - worth their weight in gold. Would never be without one. Get some funny looks from the neighbours when Im checking a job for polishing :)
Very relieved to hear all ok though.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
:lol: No problem Jonjay, that's what I'm on here for. My lack of knowledge about cars is terrible and comments are always appreciated.

Car is booked in with Paul for the 8th of November to get the full works done so looking forward to that!

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
I was hoping for some more info on how she drives madduffy!! Not all this paint malarky!! lol!!! And pics of your interior....:)

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Did I see this car in a certain large north east manufacturer's car park the day after you got it? Very nice. :D

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
I don't think so diesel face :( must of been an imposter in another red FR. How dare they lol! And thanks, love the car! Everytime I look at it i think ahhh what a good looking car lol

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
:lol: Oh no! Thats bringing back some bad memory's! Most notibly when they close the high street at half 5 when your trying to get home from work! [:@]

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
Maddufy, How is she after a week of ownership? :) I have seen my 1.8 FR TSI in person now and pick it up at 11am next Saturday. She is Montsant red and I am impressed with the deep colour and finish. Sat for 10 mins inside and making all the noises!! lol!! Just kidding! They need to prep her for me. Had a look in the boot and liked the woofer and the fit and finish of most things. I have got used to the centre armrest from my golf so that is important to me. As I drive a mk 6 Golf 1.4 GT I can make a direct comparison to interiors and although the Leon is only JUST short in terms of lower cabin materials I think it is a very nice place to be. Currently have heated Leather seats but prefer the normal cloth ones as you dont slide!! And the looks are much better as I had my Golf and the Leon side by side. I love my baby but the Leon does have the edge there. But then she is brand new so that makes a big diffrence. Did not think much of the MK7 Golf but that was always unlikely to change much styling wise.
So, I am excited and the added bonus was getting the 4.9% APR so I save further and will pay nearly £100 a month less for my Leon than for the Golf and will have a new car with all the bells and whistles and a 1.8 litre petrol!!! When I get it I will post my impressions and try and take a pic!! Enjoy your baby!!!

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
James: Trust me, it's a matter of time before my car is on the drive! The joy's of having a 1910 house is that the drive doesn't allow for anything larger than a fiat 500 :( Already got the plans sorted to knock down part of the wall :D Also, might check mine and make sure I don't have the same crack.

Did you check your rear high vision brake light for cracks? I had mine replaced last week under the warranty as the dealer agreed that the factory made a pig's ear of fitting it. I've got a nice new one without a mark on it :)

Last edited:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Hi James I had a look and luckily nothing was broken. Got it detailed from Paul at deluxe detailing yesterday and couldn't help but take a photo today :)

null_zps6a6ab5fe.jpg

null_zps4abd086d.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.