New clutch needed

Cupranewbie

Mar 30, 2019
currently having my gearbox rebuilt with a wavetrack diff being installed at the same time. Garage is saying clutch could do with replacing. Anyone any recommendations. Car currently lcr mk1 mapped to 280 track use only. They are saying single mass flywheel with organic plate.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
currently having my gearbox rebuilt with a wavetrack diff being installed at the same time. Garage is saying clutch could do with replacing. Anyone any recommendations. Car currently lcr mk1 mapped to 280 track use only. They are saying single mass flywheel with organic plate.
How much tq you making?

Cupranewbie

Mar 30, 2019
Tq figure looks like 263 looking at the b5 map paperwork. Was looking at the Sachs clutch kit but it’s pricey. Not sure if it’s a bit of an overkill

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Tq figure looks like 263 looking at the b5 map paperwork. Was looking at the Sachs clutch kit but it’s pricey. Not sure if it’s a bit of an overkill
Major overkill! I just installed the Bilstein (blueprint) single mass flywheel kit a week ago! I'm very impressed with the quality of the kit. Have driven it yet, still doing a few things to the car. Good bang for buck and backed by a highly reputable brand. Also you can get the kit for around 260quid!

Cupranewbie

Mar 30, 2019
Presume all the mentioned kits in your thread have organic plates? Just feel I need to get this right as the box was knackered when they opened it up, and they are putting ina wacetrac diff as well. Don’t want to buy the wrong one only for it all to go pop!

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Presume all the mentioned kits in your thread have organic plates? Just feel I need to get this right as the box was knackered when they opened it up, and they are putting ina wacetrac diff as well. Don’t want to buy the wrong one only for it all to go pop!
Yes organic disc that's right.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
All 02m gearboxes are weak mate, if I were you I would go with hardened steel selector rods and get rid of the brass riveted stock ones! Since they opened it up and are replacing parts. Is this a track car?

Cupranewbie

Mar 30, 2019
Yes it is, so more interested in replacing parts to make it better/more reliable for track driving. Selectors are being replaced for sure. Along with most of the synchros. The guy who’s rebuilding it said it had had been abused in its life. I’ve only had it for 6 months, so it was previous owners not me!!

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Yes it is, so more interested in replacing parts to make it better/more reliable for track driving. Selectors are being replaced for sure. Along with most of the synchros. The guy who’s rebuilding it said it had had been abused in its life. I’ve only had it for 6 months, so it was previous owners not me!!
Thata what they all say ;) I don't know officer it wasn't me!

There are some other supporting mods for the tranny as well. Tonight at midnight or so when I'm back home I will post some up here. I have to also post a 02m DIY etc

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
02M311549Q - Selector Shaft and Fork for 1st and 2nd gear
573701_x800.jpg

02M311559P - Selector Shaft and Fork for 3rd and 4th gear
554000_x800.jpg

Cupranewbie

Mar 30, 2019
Got,my baby back today, and following a complete rebuild, insertion of a wavetrac diff, and a quality looking stage 3 clutch from cg motorsports, I can confirm I’m a happy bunny. Ant wait to get it back on a track to feel the difference!

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Got,my baby back today, and following a complete rebuild, insertion of a wavetrac diff, and a quality looking stage 3 clutch from cg motorsports, I can confirm I’m a happy bunny. Ant wait to get it back on a track to feel the difference!
Any photos of the rebuild?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Looks fantastic man! How much did she cost if you don’t mind me asking, parts and of course labor separate.

I hope those brass shifting forks hold up for you mate. They look good but I won’t be trusting brass in my high hp rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cupranewbie

Mar 30, 2019
Diff £1100, clutch £575, parts and labour for gearbox rebuild £2000 all inc VAT. SAdly my motto do it once do it right!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.