1. Hi Guest. Booking is now open for our national meet on Sunday 14th July - all SEATs and CUPRAs welcome - we'd love to see you there. - Find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

New Cupra 290 breakdown

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by Juro, May 16, 2019 at 11:10 AM.

1. Juro

Juro Full Member

So I Managed to enjoy my brand new shiny Cupra for 6 days until I had a fault with the headlight unit where it failed completely due to excessive condensation. I called Seat breakdown, who were great and they arranged a replacement car for me which is a Golf R and it was all sorted of within 3 hours of my first call.

The dealer have been dragging their feet with changing the headlight unit even though they have had the car for 6 days already. This I believe was due to Seat asking them to try and getting the condensation out of the light at first. The new headlight arrived yesterday and they then realised that the control module on the back of the light was soaking and that needed replacing also.

The problem is now they have called this morning to say that the module is on back order and not available until at least the 30th May. This will mean they would have had my car for 3 weeks.

I know they have given me a Golf R as a replacement which I don't think is that great if I am being honest. I just want to enjoy the car that I am leasing and certainly was not expecting to lose it for 3 weeks after only 6 days of having it.

I have called SEAT UK and they have said there is nothing they can do to speed things up.

2. motty225

motty225 Senior Member

Just one of those things I'm afraid, least you got a decent car, could have given you a bog standard Leon or ibiza

Theporter likes this.
  3. MifSal

MifSal Full Member

you have a golf r for 3 weeks.. you get to experience that too i wouldnt be that disappoined if that happened to me tbh seeing as in some areas the golf r is better than the cupra but i do see where you are coming from. let us know how it compares to the cupra!

Bucksssss likes this.
  4. Legojon

Legojon Don't want any more stickers!!
    Staff Member

Bit of a downer really it's had to go on backorder. Hopefully it will arrive quicker though like some parts I've backordered have done. On the bright side, least it's getting fixed FOC. You wouldn't want the bill for it!

5. JPR

JPR Full Member

It's crap that your car is out of action but the bright side is you have a Golf R to thrash for 3 weeks without any mileage going against your lease allowance! I'd be organising a road trip.

MifSal, Bucksssss, Ads290ez and 2 others like this.
  6. Juro

Juro Full Member

I get what your saying guys and your right. I would take my Cupra Lux over this Golf R all day long.

7. Deathjam

Deathjam Full Member

or a mii :censored::censored:

but yea i'd rag the fuck out of that golf r, every traffic light: launch control it

Hickery1995, Moh and MifSal like this.
  8. martin j.

martin j. Full Member

In this case as parts dept I would not be waiting for Seat to deliver me a part for the headlight but if possible removing a complete unit from a stock vehicle to get you mobile again with the repair being completed -headlight etc swop-when the part arrives, keeps the customer happy?

Legojon likes this.
  9. Legojon

Legojon Don't want any more stickers!!
    Staff Member

Yup! At least they gave me the FR version (for what it was worth).
    [​IMG]

Bucksssss and Juro like this.
  10. black_sheep

black_sheep Full Member

I was about to suggest the very same thing, until I read this post - good advice. I had a dealer swap a load of parts from the show room model for a battery control module fault, but I was waiting to take the car on the ferry to Germany that same day.

11. Seastormer

Seastormer Cupra 280/CBF1000

My dealer (Fife SEAT) took a rear lens off a showroom car to put on mine when it was in for a misted up lens that was out of stock. On warranty too while I waited, great dealer.

12. Yern

Yern Full Member

Some years ago buying a Fiat I looked at the car in the showroom, opened the drivers door and then said to the salesman..."is the lower dash panel an optional extra?" He looked at me blankly...it had been removed to sort a customers (off the road car) back onto the road. Then take it out of the :censored: showroom.

13. Juro

Juro Full Member

I am resigned now that I will just have to wait for the part to arrive. I had a blast with an Focus RS yesterday in the Golf R which was fun.

14. Ems123

Ems123 Member

who won?

15. Yern

Yern Full Member

16. Juro

Juro Full Member

There wasn't much in it to be honest.