New Cupra owner mods?!

billy

Dec 12, 2018
Hi guys,

new to the cupra scene from a 1.6 mini one I now own a white 2011 ibiza cupra. it was stated that it has a millet but must only be the muffler as it is fairly quiet but that is the only mod as of now.

just wanted to see what are good mods for performance and aesthetic?

thanks a lot!

Billy :1st:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi and welcome. Yeah if it's not making much noise, probably just a cat back. Some remove the resonator / silencers to get a bit more exhaust noise.

Generally a remap is considered best price / performance to begin with. Worth checking out the readers ride section to see what mods others have done to their Ibiza cupras.

Reactions: billy

billy

Dec 12, 2018
Hi and welcome. Yeah if it's not making much noise, probably just a cat back. Some remove the resonator / silencers to get a bit more exhaust noise.

Generally a remap is considered best price / performance to begin with. Worth checking out the readers ride section to see what mods others have done to their Ibiza cupras.
Brilliant I will check it out now thankyou!

billy

Dec 12, 2018

A quick update! I had the resonated removed by infinity exhausts earlier this week very happy with the sound!! Although as I’ve read milltek doesn’t have the greatest rep for sound I’m impressed!

billy

Dec 12, 2018
I am looking for a new cold air intake as my next mod for abit more grunt and prep for mapping however I’m split between the more budget option like the ram air system or the itg/vwr system which is pretty much double the price but unsure on which route to take!?

Any input would be great :clap:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
How's the saying go... buy cheap buy twice? I looked at getting a cheaper intake, purely for the price point. But at later stages of mapping air flow becomes more important. So I went for the Revo and haven't regretted it. Not sure how the Revo price compares to the VWR(ITG). But they would be the only 2 I would consider.

billy

Dec 12, 2018
How's the saying go... buy cheap buy twice? I looked at getting a cheaper intake, purely for the price point. But at later stages of mapping air flow becomes more important. So I went for the Revo and haven't regretted it. Not sure how the Revo price compares to the VWR(ITG). But they would be the only 2 I would consider.
Ahh okay makes sense I am 19 and is the 1st car I am modding to a decent standard so money is sort of tight will look into Revo now tho thanks a lot!!

Deleted member 103408

And just to add into this I have always bought mine second hand, can help a little on the price if you are prepared to haggle.

Reactions: billy
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.