New CUPRA R officially confirmed

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
265 hp... XDS mechanism (diff?)... 0 to 100 km/h acceleration in barely 6.2 seconds... 19 inch alloys... 345 x 30 mm front disc brakes with 286 x 12 mm at the rear... white LED lighting on the instrument dials... :drool: Sounds good to me!

Last edited:

Cupra-CY

Pictures here (remove brakcets):

media(.)seat(.)com/en/component/g2bridge/26/19580/1.html?g2_language=en_GB

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
it has some in consistencies , 345mm is not 17 inches , more 13.5 inches same inconsistency on the rear.

what does it bring over the standard cupra? electronic slip diff and 25 bhp? and 19" alloy wheels , woopdy doo , NOT.

REALLY DISSAPOINTED , only thimg that will save it for me is a wide body kit like the touring cars , and if it comes with that bloody aero kit i will never buy another seat again ever !

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
omg that is sooooooooo pants , it looks as aggresive as a tomato , and they have raided the halfrauds parts bin for the extra badges.

well im glad cause makes my Cupra still as desirable.

SEAT :thumbd:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I cant believe they havent done anything to the outside...bring back the origional mk1 designers! SEAT just arnt listening tbh.

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
Is that it?!

What a let down if it is. Hopefully it will look much better when unveiled at frankfurt. The pictures of that green one look exactly the same as the standard cupra.... :doh:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I agree with the previous posts, it doesn't look agressive enough and there isn't really enough extra oomph to make others sit up and take notice. Also I thought they had done away with the "R" badging?

I thought the reason they brought in the FR was to replace the Cupra and the Cupra then became the Cupra R because as I understood it "Cupra" means Cup Racing and the "R" meant Racing, which meant the Cupra R would stand for Cup Racing Racing lol

Or am I talking balls?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I think the main point is no one really wanted a Leon Cupra that looks the same with 20bhp more. I think its safe to assume that everyone wants a cupra r that is distinctive from the cupra and k1 that has the extra umpphhh - possibly something to bring them closer to the RS.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise