New CUPRA R officially confirmed

Bruce-m

Dec 7, 2009
salisbury
Still waiting for details on this, I see.

A dealer I spoke to this weekend reckoned June, but some details of the UK spec would be nice as I'm not sure I want to take my FR with DSG out of warranty next year...

March we can order as far as i'm aware and you'd be looking at June/July for delivery

Jan 11, 2009
bstoke
Well my mind is made up, golf me thinks, my reason for a leon was down to the fact that it has oldskool headlights which still look the dogs doo daa's for agression. Now it looks like herbie with conjunctivitis. What school class came up with that design as this is substandard looks in my opinion. Don't follow the trend SEAT. SET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
heard on the grapevine today that rhd production starts in week 13.

deposits are being taken so people can get their 'place in the queue'. obviously its a bit of a leap of faith as the prices arent known yet.

cars could be in the uk by early may by all accounts.

heard a really horrible rumour this morning!

Apparently as Seat can't agree on a UK spec it's doubtful it will even make it over here :wtf:

I'm praying this isn't true and is a complete wind up!!!

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
It's going to be difficult to place it above the Cupra tbh.

If they don't put the Aero kit on it, people will think it's 'lesser' than the K1.
If they do, they'll lose interest from a large number of the people that might have been interested (as it'll look ridiculous).

Then there is the spec, and keeping the price sensible. The Cupra R doesn't really make much sense in the current range like it did with the MK1 - they should just drop the 240 and badge this one the Cupra and be done with it.

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk

Apparently as Seat can't agree on a UK spec it's doubtful it will even make it over here :wtf:

Thats what i told you on sat ami, parts guy at work, his wife works for seat and has been told they are taking deposits to see if there will be enough interest to bring it to the uk as obvioulsy everywhere else in the world is left hand drive except a few countries

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
if anything it will be the weakness of the '£' that makes it a non starter over here. the £-Euro exchange rate is almost at parity and with the R being almost 30K Euro makes it too expensive.

Dude

1st UK MK2 LCR on here
Dec 10, 2009

:confused:

Spoke to the dealer today, they said they should be able to put my order on within 3 weeks. Put a deposit down at the end of November! - although when i'll get a build date is another matter.
Should have final costs / options in a few weeks, so will need to go in and get my order form adjusted. :funk:

They said demonstrators will be in the showrooms before any customer deliveries..makes sense.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
SEAT couldn't not bring it here (surely), we are a key market for that kind of car.

A dealer I keep in touch with assures me they have spaced an order for a speed blue one, that will be arriving in March 2010 (although now upto 2 weeks later than expected).

In my books at it's pricepoint it should have Brembo's, S3 style Recaro bucket seats, and better options pack. A mate who is buying a Fiat 500 for his wife can get a factory speaker upgrade with 8 speakers and a sub FFS, it's not as if it's not being done elsewhere in the group with Dynaudio (VW), or Bose / B&O (Audi). At nearly £30k you want better options.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I have trouble seeing where it sits , its basically a cupra with a few tweaks , when remapped both will see same performance figures , the new face lift cupra only needs a few tweaks to make it cupra standard so i find it a strange move by seat.

i think the range is too muddeled now and each model doesnt stand out enough.
if it came with wide arches bucket seats chrome tt style air vents ect then would make it the premium model to have , but cant see it myself.

if you were a newbie going into a showroom can you imagine sitting with the sales man
"i would like a sport leaon please"
certainly would you like the FR , CUPRA or CUPRA r
"whats the differences?"

you would be there all day.
think this will bode well for current cupra owners keep residuals high.

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
I saw one ;)

18371_498159740440_550675440_11227468_5822359_n.jpg

18371_498174815440_550675440_11227614_2213247_n.jpg

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
https://www.mycarcheck.com/check/KM59VFG/ btw ;)

The green is the signature colour for these... Well as they have now had the Seat UK launch i would assume so, My tutor this week was a Seat apprentice trainer before changing to Audi so should be in the know... Its in an area that we are not allowed access to, hence the shady pictures, BUT... He has told me he will do his best to let me have a look inside and outside at it

the R being priced at £24,995 base price (basically £4k more than the cupra) for

- 265PS

- 19" alloys (silver standard with a white option)

- Leather

- Convenience pack

- Dual exhaust pipes

- Exclusive Piano Black interior detailing

add on things like paint and packs, other options you're looking at around 27-28K

VW and Audi territory - Seat have messed up

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise