New CUPRA teaser pic

The Cupra Kid

A member since the start!
Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
I think your all going to be a little disapointed... from all the spy shots and pics I've found it aint going to be anything special looking! real shame :( might have a stonkin engine but needs the looks too!!

El Vic

Cup Racing R Legend
Mar 6, 2005
UK - Middlesex
The Cupra Kid said:
I think your all going to be a little disapointed... from all the spy shots and pics I've found it aint going to be anything special looking! real shame :( might have a stonkin engine but needs the looks too!!
I agree. It's got to be different from the FR, even if the FR is already a stunner. Otherwise, who's going to pay 3 grand for bigger wheels, 40 bhp extra and Brembos??:doh:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
El Vic said:
I agree. It's got to be different from the FR, even if the FR is already a stunner. Otherwise, who's going to pay 3 grand for bigger wheels, 40 bhp extra and Brembos??:doh:

Isn't that what you did with the LCR?

El Vic

Cup Racing R Legend
Mar 6, 2005
UK - Middlesex
m0rk said:
Isn't that what you did with the LCR?
not quite, as the body kit in the Cupra R was different than the Cupra. The LCR also had better suspension (less body roll) and I got Recaro seats.
Today, I would chose the Cupra over the FR if it looks even more aggresive, is 4wd, offers DSG, has a different central console and better seats. Little Cupra signs in the cabin would be a plus, or anything else that could set it apart.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
El Vic said:
not quite, as the body kit in the Cupra R was different than the Cupra. The LCR also had better suspension (less body roll) and I got Recaro seats.
Today, I would chose the Cupra over the FR if it looks even more aggresive, is 4wd, offers DSG, has a different central console and better seats. Little Cupra signs in the cabin would be a plus, or anything else that could set it apart.
From the Auto Express article: "The deep rear bumper also hints that the car’s aggressive bodykit is derived from SEAT’s World Touring Car racers. That means at the front you can expect a low splitter and mesh grille … Cupra-badged sports seats, white-backed dials and carbon-effect trim for the gearlever and centre console … A six-speed manual gearbox will be standard, while the paddleshift DSG semi-automatic is optional … SEAT has been busy tuning the Cupra’s suspension over the past year on various mule cars to ensure its range-topper offers a thrilling drive."

If Auto Express have got it right, apart from the 4wd, it sounds exactly what you are looking for.;)

El Vic

Cup Racing R Legend
Mar 6, 2005
UK - Middlesex
Ol' Timer said:
From the Auto Express article: "The deep rear bumper also hints that the car’s aggressive bodykit is derived from SEAT’s World Touring Car racers. That means at the front you can expect a low splitter and mesh grille … Cupra-badged sports seats, white-backed dials and carbon-effect trim for the gearlever and centre console … A six-speed manual gearbox will be standard, while the paddleshift DSG semi-automatic is optional … SEAT has been busy tuning the Cupra’s suspension over the past year on various mule cars to ensure its range-topper offers a thrilling drive."

If Auto Express have got it right, apart from the 4wd, it sounds exactly what you are looking for.;)

:drool: I hope they're right. I can't wait to see it next Thursday. If it ticks all the boxes, I'm so getting one ASAP in Spain. I've heard orders can be taken in August (LHD). I've seen in the list of options for the FR in Spain, that you can chose to have it RHD! Maybe it'll be the same for the Cupra, which means you could get a UK-Spec import sooner than next year!

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
El Vic said:
do you reckon central exhaust (quite ugly) Maybe 19'' rims as an option?

Side exit in the same place as the FR I think. The Concept Leon II had a centre pipe, but looked weird...

leon05_rear_t.jpg

Definately pimp rims are on the cards, std 18's with 19's as an option I guess.

Not long to go until we know - I'll literally be 'on the stand' at 8am camping for the 10.35 announcement. wifi willing you'll have images within an hour :D

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
m0rk said:
Not long to go until we know - I'll literally be 'on the stand' at 8am camping for the 10.35 announcement. wifi willing you'll have images within an hour :D

What .... you mean your not streaming it live to us?? bah .. :(

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
m0rk said:
Side exit in the same place as the FR I think. The Concept Leon II had a centre pipe, but looked weird...

leon05_rear_t.jpg

Definately pimp rims are on the cards, std 18's with 19's as an option I guess.

Nice one mork, thats dedication. Is Syphon going with you. I'd give him a wide birth when they whip the cover off.:blink: could be dangerous.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
when they whip the covers off .scott will be sat inside with steamed up windows,with sex wee dribbling out of them,he'll be dragged blind from the car by security

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
wild willy said:
Nice one mork, thats dedication. Is Syphon going with you. I'd give him a wide birth when they whip the cover off.:blink: could be dangerous.

hahah

8am to Xcel, back track that given 2hrs without traffic on a Tuesday morning.

It's a 4am wake up call I think!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.