New Facebook Button?

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Is it just me, or has a big Facebook icon appeared in the middle of the menu???

Looks a bit out of place, think it should be made black & silver like the rest of the menu buttons, makes it more classy ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Technically your not meant to alter the Facebook logo, its in the usage rules. m0rk may shift it over to the right tomorrow. Just bringing folks attention to the fact that we have a FB page. Its just a button not a work of art. ;)

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Changed it to a dark background with our usual silver-esque text, though we might not be allowed to keep it.

Looks loads better like that [B)] Nice blend with everything else now

And I'm sure no one from Facebook will be round anytime soon checking that their button is exactly the way they want it :whistle:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
is the member map ever going to happen?

Maybe, but the software has been problematic so for the time being rather than it being a pointless link we decided to chuck the Facebook link in there for the moment.

I think that on the most part people have been blowing a little hot and cold on the inclusion of a member map too.

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
Maybe, but the software has been problematic so for the time being rather than it being a pointless link we decided to chuck the Facebook link in there for the moment.

I think that on the most part people have been blowing a little hot and cold on the inclusion of a member map too.

Oh right fair enough.
Maybe if people dont like the idea of where they are being on the map then they could just specify and area or town.
At least that we things like meets can be more easliy organised to suit where people are based.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I think that was half the trouble, that really the software could be a little too accurate. Though you can tell people not to put their exact address location in, there will always be some who have no idea.

As we mostly try to be responsible with our content ;) its sometimes fair to say that we have to sometimes protect people from themselves.

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
i see your point
Could you not restrict the location field to just a town then (via drop down maybe)
That way people cant put in there who address and if they dont want it to be know can just leave blank.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
The same thing applies to sat navs - i read an article once that said thieves were stealing cars and then looking for the home address in the satnav - so they could rob the house as well with a pretty good guarentee that the owners wouldnt be there!

So the home location in my sat nav is set to the nearest large town, it's not like i would't know how to get home once I'm well on my way there.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
i see your point
Could you not restrict the location field to just a town then (via drop down maybe)
That way people cant put in there who address and if they dont want it to be know can just leave blank.

Thats was one of the factors in the software that made it problematic, ie no options to dumb it down.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.