New Fr+ 2.0TDI

D-Coll

Hi all,

I shall be picking up my new car in march, however i was just wondering about these chips ive heard about to get more fuel economy and power out of the engine. Are these a good investment and how does it effect the warranty.

Also does anyone have any tips to help me get the most out of my new car?

Cheers, Dan

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Chips=No

Remap=Yes

Really depends on what you mean by getting the most out of your car:

1. Do you simply want to get it remapped for abit of extra poke (£200-400)
2. Do you want Stage2 which involves DPF Delete and Exhaust (£800-1k)

Or do you want to run Stage 3, which involves a Big Turbo etc and is very expensive

D-Coll

Id say i wouldnt want to go much further then the stage 2.

So how does the remapping work, do they just remove the restrictions on the engine? How does the effect the servicing, insurance and warranty?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Remapping is done either via the cars OBD2 Port (On Board Diagnostics port) or via removing the ECU, most newer cars (2010+ i think) need to have ECU removed, the remap changes alot of paramaters and the car makes more power and torque as a result.

Warranty will be affected but tbh so many people on here are running remaps without problems, Problems start happening when you push the car (Stage3+)

Insurance should be told about the remap,but its upto you if you do or not

Last edited:

D-Coll

Thanks for the info.

On a more general note do i need to let the engine run in when i get it or does it not matter so much with new engines?

May 7, 2011
North East, UK
Remapping is done either via the cars OBD2 Port (On Board Diagnostics port) or via removing the ECU, most newer cars (2010+ i think) need to have ECU removed, the remap changes alot of paramaters and the car makes more power and torque as a result.

Yes, i think it was late 2010 models require the ECU taking out.
I had a 2010 Leon Cupra and the REVO remap was done through the Dio Port.

My 2011 Leon TDi was ECU out.

D-Coll

Ah so im guess all the companies that do the remapping are happy with the process. Does anyone know of places around East Yorkshire that do it?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
for the CR170 I Would recommend two companies, The first being REVO, The 2nd i cant mention on here but there based in Mansfield

D-Coll

Got another question for you guys, you have been great so far.

Ive seen a lot of pics with different front and back bumpers also the exhausts are spaced out rather then together. Is this an optional extra at the garage? and does anyonehave a rough price?

Cheers

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Different Models, Some models had a factory option of an Aero kit aswell, Bumpers can be bough primed which will be needing paint.

Depends what your after really

May 7, 2011
North East, UK
There are 2 types, there is the K1 which was a limited edition with the BTCC (Aero) kit on as standard and was not greatly different from the original standard price.

Then there are the standard Leon's that have the BTCC kit as an optional extra.

Your best off giving Dave from SERE MOTORS a shout. If you go to the dealer network on the main home screen you will find sere motors listed there!!

He will give you a good price!! Just start a new thread listing what you want and he will price it up for you!! You beat putting about £1750 a side for it!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=54.791562,-1.490706

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise