New FR Sport

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Just wondering if a new FR sport would be any quieter inside than the earlier models (67). I find there is a lot of road noise but also a lot of noise from the suspention. Does anyone know?

Thanks

peterlcarter

May 22, 2013
Just wondering if a new FR sport would be any quieter inside than the earlier models (67). I find there is a lot of road noise but also a lot of noise from the suspention. Does anyone know?

Thanks
I had the Fr Red Edition with 17" alloys 2017 (last of the Mark 5) and have changed to a new FR Sport with 18" Alloys and I think that the new car is quieter than the old with road noise. I think the suspension is slightly better as well although it can be a bit harsh over really bad roads but generally bearing in mind 18" alloys I think it is a better than the MK5.
Peter

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I find there is a hell of a lot of noise coming from the suspension, particualrily going over uneven or rough road surfaces. There is also quite a bit of tyre noise which is dependent on the road surface.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Even though FRs have always been rougher riding, I have found road noise to be more tyre dependent than anything else. Having swapped from an OEM Conti shod Toledo to an OEM Bridgestone one (same size tyre) I was shocked by the difference and really disappointed by the ride and especially road noise from the new car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.