Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

New FR TSI issue

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk5 (2008-2017)' started by Louie089, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Louie089

Louie089 Active Member

Hi all, finally got my FR TSI in furia grey last week and what a beauty she is, it seemed trying to keep her clean was the biggest problem I had up until earlier today when the sunroof stopped responding to the open/close buttons near the rearview mirror (luckily it was closed and wont open as opposed to open and wont close lol). Just wondering whether this has been a problem for anyone else and how they fixed it or do I need to take it back to get it checked out :(.

And one more thing, what have people done about 'running in' their new FR/Cupra's when they first bought them, i've only covered around 350miles and tried keeping it below 3000 revs for most motorway journeys... obviously i've had to put the foot down once or twice to get the full feel but hey that's what it's there for right? [B)]

2. Art0ir

Art0ir TDi Ho

Take it to the dealers mate, that's what warranty is for!

As for "running it in" there was a thread on here recently about it and the general consensus seemed to be regardless of age, if the engine is correctly warmed up, you're good to give it the beans ;)

3. Spurt

Spurt Seat Bocanegra

as artoir said, most people in the other thread have let it warm up and then drive it like you stole it. just warm the turbo up and let it cool down before shutting her down.

4. Octane2097

Octane2097 Naturally Aspirated

best to stick with wat the manual says
    avoid full throttle and top speed for the 1st 1000km

welcome to the FR club, nice to see another one most just buy the cupra with a black bumper :whistle:

edit: do you have any photos of your car? i was umming and arrring over the panoramic sun roof id really like to see what it looks like on the car

thanx, hope you enjoy your car! :D

#4 Octane2097, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  5. jc_boc

jc_boc Back in CUPRA ..... R!

All these BOCA haters here...................... hehehehehehe

6. Octane2097

Octane2097 Naturally Aspirated

not a hater! i think they r lovely!
    just nice to see another FR lol

anyways im concidering buying the boc front bumper

since they dont sell the fr boc over here il make my own

7. Louie089

Louie089 Active Member

I will do soon enough, once I get some time. I think it looks the part personally, works well with the paintwork. What colour do you have yours?

Just an update on the sunroof problem, it was stuck on open yesterday and could only be closed using the keys. Possibly could be something to do with the heat having an impact on the roof and overheating the overhead console?

Will be taking her in to get checked over anyhow.

8. VRSLOZ

VRSLOZ Formally SC16v

Or some of us cheapos go for the smaller models :lol: