New guy from Donny

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
Evening all,

I'm Andy and I currently live in Donny. I recently picked up an '05 LCR in black after doing a deal with my Audi 80. Had a fairly broad range of cars in the past including:

Citroen AX GTi
VW Mk2 Scirocco
Honda Civic type R - EP3
Subaru Legacy - BH5
Nissan s14a 200sx
Audi 80

and loads of others that aren't really that interesting.

I previously owned a 1.8 na Leon years ago and always wanted a LCR.

Once I've got the required number of posts I'll get some pictures up.

Got a few jobs that need doing on it before I'll be totally happy but so far I'm loving it, it's had a remap to 260brake and it absolutely flys!

Current plans include:

refurb alloys
refurb calipers
replace wipers, inc. rear with a fabia one
replace front grills and one of the jacking point covers
new splitter
shorter aerial
machine polish

No doubt I'll have plenty of questions so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into the forum!

Cheers,

Andy

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
Cheers Craig!

Already looking through the forum trying to find out if people have done their calipers in different colours from the red. mine look knackered so I need to repaint them, was thinking of doing them silver rather than the original red but can't decide.

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
I had the same problem but with mine I'm looking at going a simple yet effective black and white/silver colour scheme so my calipers (hopefully) in a few weeks will be done in black

Last edited:

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
I love it already! The power of it is similar to that of my old s14a 200sx but this doesn't feel like it wants to kill me every time I put my foot down lol.

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
Is there a 'wanted' section on the forum? Can only seem to find it for cars? I need a few bits for mine.

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
Cheers, mate.

found out last night the CV boot has split on the drivers side so I need a new one of those fitting? Is it a big job or an easy DIY?

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
Getting there with this now.

Work done so far includes:

Fabia rear wiper
S2000 aerial
new front wipers
front grill replacement
jacking point cover replaced
new splitter fitted

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members