New guy with Toledo..... modding advice.

Beefy-Toledo

Jan 31, 2009
Hey guys i recently just bought a 2002 seat Toledo 1.9 TDI 110. I am in the process of making a few changes to it and im hoping it will look well and go ok when finished. Not expecting too much tho as i previously had a 130 sport bora remapped etc.
Only two questions really, is it possibly to get similar power as my old bora ( 175) with an injector upgrade and maybe a pd130 or 150 turbo?
If i get a cat back exhaust system with decat, will the car make the "poooooooooow" noise i sometimes hear on other vag tdi's when lifting off throttle? also why does it do that? lol
Also are there any ways i can tell if my car is mapped. I dont think it is though as its not overly fast and does not really smoke under load??
Cheers in advance. Chris.

Beefy-Toledo

Jan 31, 2009
Also one last question lol ...... my car has went into limp mode a couple of times, hasnt done it in a while though, usually at high rpm changes... sometimes the car dosent seem to pull consistently ie it pulls harder sometimes in second than it does others if you know what i mean. are there any easy solutions to this? maybe cleaning the maf or n75 and how would i go about cleaning the n75 or maybe even the egr? sorry for all the questions but i would really appreciate any input. :)

sssstew

Editing your spelling
youve probably got a slightly sticky turbo vane, theres plenty about this if you read back in the TDI section.

Re your power query, your probably gonna get about 170 with the turbo, injectors and then a map to suit, might want to look at a larger FMIC also, rather than the current small SMIC.