New here, mod help

Nov 14, 2019
Hi there,
Let me introduce myself first I'm lewis hi,
I have owned alot of VWs a couple of 1.8t not done much due to my age.

Last month I decided to buy a leon cupra mk1 2004 auq 180bhp

Two days into ownership white smoke and turbo failure ouch right,

Turbo changed for recon turbo

Having a few boost leak issues and car seems to be running slow every now and again.

Anyway I'm looking to put some power through it would like some suggestions,

Current thoughts.
008 reserc
Fmic
Sia delete
N75
N249 delete
Exhaust maybe sport cat back
New manifold ordered as mine was cracked noticed when changing my turbo.

Car already has the full exterior r conversion bumpers side skirts.

Any help with issues that I've raised and possible things I should do to prolong the life of my car and power please let me know.

Many thanks
Lewis

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Hi there,
Let me introduce myself first I'm lewis hi,
I have owned alot of VWs a couple of 1.8t not done much due to my age.

Last month I decided to buy a leon cupra mk1 2004 auq 180bhp

Two days into ownership white smoke and turbo failure ouch right,

Turbo changed for recon turbo

Having a few boost leak issues and car seems to be running slow every now and again.

Anyway I'm looking to put some power through it would like some suggestions,

Current thoughts.
008 reserc
Fmic
Sia delete
N75
N249 delete
Exhaust maybe sport cat back
New manifold ordered as mine was cracked noticed when changing my turbo.

Car already has the full exterior r conversion bumpers side skirts.

Any help with issues that I've raised and possible things I should do to prolong the life of my car and power please let me know.

Many thanks
Lewis
Hello and welcome. Have you looked into the TIP? the originals can flatten under negative pressure. As for the boost leak replace all the boost pipes with silicone. You'll be getting rid of alot with the n249 and sai.

Nov 14, 2019
Hello and welcome. Have you looked into the TIP? the originals can flatten under negative pressure. As for the boost leak replace all the boost pipes with silicone. You'll be getting rid of alot with the n249 and sai.

Have looked at maybe oversizing after market TIP, and hopefully I'll be bypassing most of that in the morning, yeah was gonna buy all new boost pipes but realised they normally come with the fmic kit so gonna hold if till pay day, yeah would make sense if it is the tip as I drove it to work earlier 31 mpg so nice and slowly, then on the way home tried to give it a blip no obvious boost leak noises but felt like it was revving slowly and not getting up to speed, for example I normally get 60 in second top wnd I was getting 40 max but turbo was almost silent, how would I check if it's the tip ?? Many thanks

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Could be a dodgy turbo or maybe tips collapsing and smothering it. Just grab it. If its really easy to squash and is quite malleable then replace it with the reinforced silicone one.

Nov 14, 2019
Could be a dodgy turbo or maybe tips collapsing and smothering it. Just grab it. If its really easy to squash and is quite malleable then replace it with the reinforced silicone one.
I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know, many thanks and any change there is a place to put build threads on here ?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.