New Ibiza FR Sport

Ads290ez

Mar 24, 2019
Hi All,

We have had this car for just over two weeks now, this is the other halfs car and she is over the moon with this car.

I did have a little say in what spec we went for as this is the better looking one in the range without doubt.

Great little engine and gearbox 115 manual, can easily get well over 45 mpg already and should only get better. interior is so nice for a little car with the leather and suede seats the mood lighting is a nice touch to.

IMG_152211.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Looks gorgeous! I love the red. Definitely the best colour on the Ibiza, although I might be biased!

Reactions: IanH72

fletch555

Jul 31, 2017
Wow stunning....I wish they did the FR with the 1.5 with DSG as I would have bought it. While I'm excited about my new Polo GTI to arrive, I think the Ibiza is a better looking car.

Ads290ez

Mar 24, 2019
Wow stunning....I wish they did the FR with the 1.5 with DSG as I would have bought it. While I'm excited about my new Polo GTI to arrive, I think the Ibiza is a better looking car.

We were looking at a polo gti for a while but we were told the wait was a good few months, is this still the case?

Yer we were also upset they stopped the 1.5 as well, but the 115 is a good little engine.

fletch555

Jul 31, 2017
We were looking at a polo gti for a while but we were told the wait was a good few months, is this still the case?

Yer we were also upset they stopped the 1.5 as well, but the 115 is a good little engine.
Yes I think I ordered early November and looking like it still might be a month or more before delivery

Danny77

Nov 13, 2018
Hi All,

We have had this car for just over two weeks now, this is the other halfs car and she is over the moon with this car.

I did have a little say in what spec we went for as this is the better looking one in the range without doubt.

Great little engine and gearbox 115 manual, can easily get well over 45 mpg already and should only get better. interior is so nice for a little car with the leather and suede seats the mood lighting is a nice touch to.

I've got exactly the same spec and colour Ads. Lovely isn't it? Those wheels are a bugger to clean though as the gloss black carries on all the way inside the wheel o_O

Reactions: Jonathan Bassett

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
I've got exactly the same spec and colour Ads. Lovely isn't it? Those wheels are a bugger to clean though as the gloss black carries on all the way inside the wheel o_O
Wheel woolies got recommended to me or EZ wheel brushes - I usually just leave the barrels and just clean the face ;)

Ads290ez

Mar 24, 2019
Is that a Cupra lurking inside the garage? Trying to photobomb the Ibiza?

If yes, how do the Leon LED lights compare to the Ibiza LED headlights? Leon's still better? or?

Yes that is my Cupra in the background, as for the lights i haven't really noticed any difference if I'm honest. Both full led and very bright lights

As for the wheels they are not to bad to clean they just always have water marks on as they are black, such a ball ache to dry.

Ads290ez

Mar 24, 2019
Managed to get amazing mpg out of the ibiza a few days ago around the 64mpg mark as seen in the pic below. Really is a great little car really impressed with all :)

Attachments

• 618C88AB-8499-44E6-BC24-A27DBE5827CA.jpeg
    618C88AB-8499-44E6-BC24-A27DBE5827CA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 101

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
It's a fantastic little engine isn't it! Much better than my old Fabia on a long motorway run, and that car was the 'old' 1.2 TSI, hardly an old engine!

Jamesb9811

Nov 12, 2018
I’m the same with MPG. I managed to average 66 mpg on one journey and I was blown away. Very smooth engine as well, especially for a 3 cylinder.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Ahh I remember those days with my Ibiza 1.0 EcoTSI DSG, and 60+ MPG or close to that a reality. Now I I'm over the moon if I see 45-50mpg...

What would you get on your Cupra same journey? 45 ish mpg?

Ads290ez

Mar 24, 2019
Ahh I remember those days with my Ibiza 1.0 EcoTSI DSG, and 60+ MPG or close to that a reality. Now I I'm over the moon if I see 45-50mpg...

What would you get on your Cupra same journey? 45 ish mpg?

I was out in the cupra over the bank holiday and taking it easy with traffic managed 47 mpg which i was really happy with, think the 7th gear helps when cruising.

it doesn't take much to drop it down to the 20’s

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I remember seeing someone describe the Ford EcoBoost engines as being either Eco or Boost- the same applies to all these downsized turbos! Although 47mpg out of a 2 litre engine is damn impressive!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.