New ibiza how well is it selling in the UK?

Sonicboom

Dec 3, 2019
When I am in the supermarket car parks. It is not hard to see which cars are very popular. For instance there is always a huge rash of Ford fiestas Usually red for some reason? Maybe it is the base colour which you do not pay any extra for? Down my way there are anomalies. Which do tip the balance of choice. For instance, there is a dealer locally that has managed to sell every third person a Fiat 500. Must have a huge drinks hospitality bill lol!

Some older cars are still hanging on in there too. Seems to be plenty of old banger Peugeot 206's. I am told they do not rust. Well I have to say body wise they do look good and live surrounded by sea on three sides. Never a mile from it which ever way you go except east Mind you still have to pass the sea even then. Plus my local authority seems to throw salt on the roads like my Mrs does on her chips lol! For this reason old Ford Ka's do not fair so well.

So my point being I do not see many new Seat Ibiza's? They have been on sale now for over two years? I do have a very well respected local dealer too. I only seem to see the same couple of local ones which I know the reg of? When I am driving down my way only about one in one hundred and fifty cars seems to be an Ibiza? Are they already being outdated by new models?

So how well are they selling in the UK as a whole? I would imagine they probably selling better in Spain Portugal? Europe as a whole? Anybody got any figures on the UK sales to date?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Despite being a new model, Ibiza sales in 2018 were down 10.7% worldwide on the previous year, probably due to the Arona which sells about 75% as many as the Ibiza.

Sonicboom

Dec 3, 2019
Thanks for the reply Camelspyder. That is very interesting. Hardly ever see an Arona down my way either. It is what I was considering buying at first. The 1.5 FR red and black with some silver trims. I did view one in the dealership not long after they cam out.. It looked very smart. Especially in that colour combo. It really suited it some how. Kind of remined me of Range Rover for some reason???

I suppose it does make sense the Arona outselling the Ibiza 3 to 1. As the current trend is towards SUV's

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise