New Ibiza owners: Did you have any issues with the car so far?

Did your new Ibiza have any issues so far? Have they been resolved?

• None at all

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • A minor issue which was easily resolved

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • More than one minor issues which were all easily resolved

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minor issue(s) which was not easily resolved / not yet resolved

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Significant or Major issue which is now fully resolved as part of the warranty

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Significant or Major issue which is not yet resolved

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I'm guessing the people with blower issues don't have climate control? I haven't noticed any problems with mine.

Had this issue on a Toledo with climate control, It wasn't annoying enough ( for me ) to take it to a dealer.

ICR1966

Jun 13, 2018
I have had my Ibiza 1.0 SE Design 95 since early March in my opinion it is a really good looking car which influenced my purchase decision.

However it has an issue with the clutch in that even on a small incline the clutch bites and there is the smell of burning. The car has done under 1500 miles, I have never experienced this in any other new car I have owned. The car was checked by my dealer and I was told that there was no fault even though the technician could smell it "a bit" during tests it is acceptable according to them.

Now the 1L Ateca has a similar problem and clutches are failing after very short distances, the company quote wear and tear and not covered on the warranty, on cars that are weeks old with very low mileage, the clutch only has a 6 month warranty! Bills of £2000 to fix, I am really worried my Ibiza is going the same way.

Also I get a clunking noise from the rear drum brakes, again a known issue but not subject to a recall, essentially put up with it.

After just 3 months of ownership I am seriously considering changing the car to another brand, which is sad as the Ibiza is a cracking little car otherwise.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I have had my Ibiza 1.0 SE Design 95 since early March in my opinion it is a really good looking car which influenced my purchase decision.

However it has an issue with the clutch in that even on a small incline the clutch bites and there is the smell of burning. The car has done under 1500 miles, I have never experienced this in any other new car I have owned. The car was checked by my dealer and I was told that there was no fault even though the technician could smell it "a bit" during tests it is acceptable according to them.

Now the 1L Ateca has a similar problem and clutches are failing after very short distances, the company quote wear and tear and not covered on the warranty, on cars that are weeks old with very low mileage, the clutch only has a 6 month warranty! Bills of £2000 to fix, I am really worried my Ibiza is going the same way.

Also I get a clunking noise from the rear drum brakes, again a known issue but not subject to a recall, essentially put up with it.

After just 3 months of ownership I am seriously considering changing the car to another brand, which is sad as the Ibiza is a cracking little car otherwise.

There is no way the customer would have to cough up the bill for a new clutch on a car thats only a few months old with such a low mileage...... if that was the case the car is not fit for purpose

ICR1966

Jun 13, 2018
There is no way the customer would have to cough up the bill for a new clutch on a car thats only a few months old with such a low mileage...... if that was the case the car is not fit for purpose
The Ateca owners seem to have a battle on their hands, the clutch is described as a wear and tear item which in theory could burn out in a day depending on driving style. My last Renault had over 120k on the clock on the original clutch so think I can argue the point should it come to it.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Just an update I'm at nearly 9000 miles now approaching my first oil service and I've had a problem rise its head three times now.
Its nothing major and nothing that stops the car from functioning but certainly annoying

My car has started to lose its time, its MPG and all other stats for the car.
I can't seem to see whats causing it, I simply get in the car, Everythings fine put the key in the ignition, Start her up and suddently the time is 00:00 and all the information on travel has vanished.

I was tracking my overall economy since I owned the car, I was at an average of 59mpg but that was wiped...
A month or so later the same thing happened again!

When it goes in for its first service I will mention it but I'm not sure how this is happening as I thought at first the stereo might store this information but I suspect not.

Zen

Aug 14, 2017
I think I've had bad luck with my FR. It's been in and out of the garage for the past 2 months, recurring fault. Still in the garage for the 3rd time fixing an electrical fault. Raised a complaint with Seat Customer Services. In total it's been in the garage for 42 days (and counting) now over the past 2 months. I've requested compensation but the best they're offering me is 50% of what I pay monthly. I also can't reject the vehicle as it's just over 6 months when the fault started happening. I'm going to try and push for more than 50% as while I've been given a hire car each time, it's still not MY car. Gutted.

ICR1966

Jun 13, 2018
CLUTCH UPDATE

Well the car has been back at the dealership for nearly 2 weeks now, the gearbox was out on day one and hot spots were found on the clutch plate, there did not seem to be any real indication as to what was causing it, so a total new clutch assembly was approved, plates flywheel the lot, now there is a problem with a CV joint on the driveshaft, the part is currently not in the country, after what was 1300 miles and a few weeks of ownership I have now put the ball back with the dealer and rejected the car, awaiting a response.

I would want a like for like replacement but a told that the SE Design is now longer available and that no new car orders are being placed until the industry knows what the governments plans on the new tax bands will be, leaves me somewhat stranded, refund or a car from stock, probably pre registered, there is a glut of Toledos at the moment, seem good value but have so so right ups.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
CLUTCH UPDATE

Well the car has been back at the dealership for nearly 2 weeks now, the gearbox was out on day one and hot spots were found on the clutch plate, there did not seem to be any real indication as to what was causing it, so a total new clutch assembly was approved, plates flywheel the lot, now there is a problem with a CV joint on the driveshaft, the part is currently not in the country, after what was 1300 miles and a few weeks of ownership I have now put the ball back with the dealer and rejected the car, awaiting a response.

I would want a like for like replacement but a told that the SE Design is now longer available and that no new car orders are being placed until the industry knows what the governments plans on the new tax bands will be, leaves me somewhat stranded, refund or a car from stock, probably pre registered, there is a glut of Toledos at the moment, seem good value but have so so right ups.
If you bought the Ibiza for handling and ride, a Toledo won't suit at all. The handling is soggy and the low tech rear suspension jiggles a little over bumps. If you want acres of space (for 4) and good equipment levels but are not so concerned about the driving experience then a Toledo might fit the bill. As a mature product (built by Skoda) it's likely more reliable than a Mk6 as well.

Dillon Lawrence

Jun 24, 2018
Small rattle in the driver's door (Beats Audio upgrade so maybe more noticable as you can feel the speaker vibrate the door). When I try and pay attention to see where it's coming from it stops.

Radar (Front Brake Assist) occasionally goes off for no apparent reason (maybe leaves etc.)...

First gear refuses to engage occasionally but it seems to be improving through use.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Ours is now 1 year old, no real issues apart from intermittent folding mirrors and CarPlay connectivity. Both items mentioned on the job sheet along with 1st service so we’ll see what happens next week.

FR Paul

Aug 23, 2018
I've done 2500 in my FR115 since April, nothing major to report.
As others have said, handbrake is dodgy, feels tight at 1st notch, yet starts to role on any sort of incline, but not caused my any issues.

1st gear was a pig for the 1st 1500 miles or so, wouldn't go in, needed a bit of a shove (otherwise it grinded the box). Seems to have settled down now though.

For one journey the other day, the clock decided to go back an hour for no apparent reason. Disabling/re-enabling auto time settings, changing radio station, turning off ignition could convince it to tell the correct time. That was on the way to work, on the way home it was fine.

Not an issue, but be careful if you go to a car wash. I though I'd treat mine to a hand carwash to get it thoroughly clean and whatever they put on the alloys to clean them damaged the plastic wheelnut covers. They ended up a milky white colour afterwards. Cost £35 off ebay to replace them.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
^that will be the acid in the wheel cleaner... seen many alloy wheel centre caps corroded because of this.

EVOII

Aug 21, 2018
My panoramic roof is a little noisy when I drive on bad roads. And when the left window on the drivers side door is open a little it's also noisy. I've also the same issue as @FR Paul with the clock. For no reason it sets back 1 hour earlyer. Only if it was synchronising with gps. Now I set it by hand and no issues with it.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I've had my 1.5 FR for almost 6 months now. Main Issues:

1. Clutch Pedal squeaking and not smooth. Have to keep lubricating it every few months with silcone 3 in 1 spray which completely resolves the issue for a while.
2. Handbrake isn't smooth, it works and holds fine but it almost feels like its rubbing when you use it.
3. Carplay connection issues, with the latest iOS it has been much more reliable. Have to reboot the media system by holding down the power button maybe once a month.
4. Rattles in the doors. Nowhere near as bad as my 2015 Leon SC but can be annoying sometimes.
5. The stock nexen tyres aren't great, they sometimes lose grip. Will remove them and replace with Michellin Crossclimate at some point.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise