New Ibiza SportCoupe revealed - 3 door model

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Entry level Ibiza SportCoupe version announced today.

http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=917&Itemid=1

In the near future, the model’s ecological ECOMOTIVE, FR and Cupra versions will also make their appearance.

FR and Cupra or a prototype 'may' possibly feature at the London Motorshow, SEAT chose London to reveal the Leon Cupra in 2006. ;) Though it will no doubt be 2009 before the hot versions are available to buy.

This new entry level 3 door is due on sale here before the end of the year.

Last edited:

T. Spark

Very nice ;)

Might be worth a purchase once the Cupra version comes out of course!

Its a shame as I was under the impression the 3 door model would be for the Sporty versions only, which I would have said FR/Cupra models only :(

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
i think the 1.9tdi is still stuck in a lot of commercials for vag, so makes sense for a 'cheap' car to produce

1.4tsi would be a great motor in the ibiza

dancupra

i think they should have chosen candy white , or the infery black (sp) for the press pictures as that blue looks rank imho, as for the 7 speed dsg in the 1.6 :blink: why? you'd be forever changing gears in it..... i could understand it being put in something with a bit of poke though.......
I will be watching with anticipation to see what the FR and Cupra's are going to look like aswell me thinks.

Torquemonster

Nov 20, 2007
i think the 1.9tdi is still stuck in a lot of commercials for vag, so makes sense for a 'cheap' car to produce

1.4tsi would be a great motor in the ibiza

:) True,the TSI is a cracking engine.I hear VW dealers are trying to persuade potential buyers to take the old 1.6 FSI engine instead,due to a huge waiting list for the 1.4. If they can't build them quick enough for VW,i guess Seat will be at the end of the queue with Skoda.:cry:

Rudeboysteve

It's very nice, but does anyone know when they plan to release the Bocanegra?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Apparently, Luc Donckerwolke has indicated that they are looking to produce the Bocanegra. It was so well received critically, that they are intending to manufacture it complete with its black nose.

But it won't be anytime soon.

Rudeboysteve

Thanks for the reply,
I really do hope they build it as what we've all seen as i will be putting my name down asap

Rudeboysteve

I was under the impression there were but not sure if it would like the Geneva model

Rudeboysteve

I've been in contact with my local dealer who kindly sent out to me the Bocanegra dealer pack which is very nice and glossy, but no date on production.

T. Spark

Apparently, Luc Donckerwolke has indicated that they are looking to produce the Bocanegra. It was so well received critically, that they are intending to manufacture it complete with its black nose.

But it won't be anytime soon.

If they do, and it has a decent powerplant behind it, I'll purchase one.

If Seat made a decent roadster style drop top i'd have one aswell. However they dont, so alias im looking for a Cobra V8 :D

Rudeboysteve

Yeah it does.
I drive a Leon Cupra and i want one NOW!
Don't care about down sizing

bobmcgod

Jan 22, 2007
the 1.9 i believe is still in production because the haven't finished developing the 1.6cr engine. But I'm betting when they do they'll have the exact same problem building the damn thing as they do with the 14tsi. So the 1.9's still going to be around for a long time yet!

Rudeboysteve

Hello mate,
If you go on SEAT website and look under motor shows i'm sure they say what power plant it comes with.
I'm sure i read somewhere it was gonna be a 2 litre but one thing i do know the images show it sitting on 19's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blink:

They won't hit the dealers with 19" wheels (certainly as standard, unlikely even as an option IMO), so you may need to remove a couple of exclamation marks.