New Ibiza SportCoupe revealed - 3 door model

Poverty

if it is anything like the mazda then it will be crap lol :lol:

lol yeah, this car along with the corsa will be us Ibiza boys main rivals. We know our car is much superior and deep down they know it too. It just wont quite sink in till we blast past them though :lol:

Skisbp

Think I read somewhere on the net that the new 1.6 Duratec would have 118hp. Couldn't bother verifying this for an ugly @ss Ford... Only remembered it as I noted at the time how this was conveniently 3hp more than the 1.6FSI & still 7hp less than the 1.4TfSI that replaced it!!!

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
Funny, I have a 56-reg Fiesta and the FR.

Interior quality is far superior in the Fiesta, especially in the dash. Sure, there's no imagination but at least the glovebox lid closes properly!

Personally, if we were in the market to replace the FR, I'd be looking at the Fiesta before the new Ibiza.

Poverty

Funny, I have a 56-reg Fiesta and the FR.

Interior quality is far superior in the Fiesta, especially in the dash. Sure, there's no imagination but at least the glovebox lid closes properly!

Personally, if we were in the market to replace the FR, I'd be looking at the Fiesta before the new Ibiza.

My glovebox lid closes properly and the fiesta just looks cheap and bare.

Poverty

Audi’s keenly anticipated Mini and Alfa Mito rival, the A1, will ride on a Spanish Seat Ibiza platform.

With global automobile consumers now in a strong purchasing trend towards smaller vehicles, the A1 is to be a key sales momentum product for Audi.

Better suspension

Although many thought the radical looking A1 – featuring a characteristically oversized Audi grille – would warrant its own mini-platform, the Spanish VW subsidiary Seat have donated their new Ibiza as a common platform for the new A1.
The new VW Polo will utilise the same platform, codenamed Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) by VW and Audi company insiders.

Following the newly launched Ibiza, the A1 should feature a MacPherson strut front suspension arrangement but a four-link independent rear suspension instead of the Ibiza twist beam rear set-up with trailing arms.

Interesting news, I wonder if it would be able to nick the rear suspension setup of the A1 and just simply stick it on the ibiza!

Skisbp

codenamed Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) by VW and Audi company insiders.

Following the newly launched Ibiza, the A1 should feature a McPherson strut front suspension arrangement but a four-link independent rear suspension instead of the Ibiza twist beam rear set-up with trailing arms.

Interesting news, I wonder if it would be able to nick the rear suspension setup of the A1 and just simply stick it on the Ibiza!

INTERESTING... Usual source or have I missed some press release?

Poverty

Well if your info is really accurate on this one... :rolleyes:

Then we can count on the Bocanegra styled Cupra to use it & later on in the product life-cycle the face-lifted FR / Polo GTI-cup!!!:whistle:

lol what you trying to say about my sources.Albeit this source being media driven, my audi insiders have said about 6 months ago that the audi execs were worried about the A1 being able to tackle the mini in driving dynamics if it had the twist beam thingy like the ibiza has, and not fully independant rear suspension, hence the word on the grapevine being that the A1 will be superior chassis wise.

Skisbp

lol what you trying to say about my sources.Albeit this source being media driven, my Audi insiders have said about 6 months ago that the Audi execs were worried about the A1 being able to tackle the mini in driving dynamics if it had the twist beam thingy like the Ibiza has, and not fully independent rear suspension, hence the word on the grapevine being that the A1 will be superior chassis wise.

Even though you seem to be on the correct track with the Bolero/Exeo being based on the previous generation Audi A4 platform & not a PQ46 platform as would've fit VAG's typical thinking... I vaguely recall this same grapevine suggesting 9-15mo. back that the Ibiza & therefore all vehicles built on the PQ25 platform(next Polo & A1) to get this independent set-up. Thus with the release of the PQ25-Ibiza all the confusion weather the FabiaII is indeed a PQ25 or just major remake still on the PQ24! If indeed this independent set-up arrives & I really hope it does I'd have to imagine it will not be known as something else PQ26 or if it's simply a bolt in rear suspension difference possibly PQ25.5 or yet still "MQB-I"??? Just a bit of wait & see{hear:rolleyes:} now...

Poverty

Even though you seem to be on the correct track with the Bolero/Exeo being based on the previous generation Audi A4 platform & not a PQ46 platform as would've fit VAG's typical thinking... I vaguely recall this same grapevine suggesting 9-15mo. back that the Ibiza & therefore all vehicles built on the PQ25 platform(next Polo & A1) to get this independent set-up. Thus with the release of the PQ25-Ibiza all the confusion weather the FabiaII is indeed a PQ25 or just major remake still on the PQ24! If indeed this independent set-up arrives & I really hope it does I'd have to imagine it will not be known as something else PQ26 or if it's simply a bolt in rear suspension difference possibly PQ25.5 or yet still "MQB-I"??? Just a bit of wait & see{hear:rolleyes:} now...

I think the fabia II is still on a slightly modified PQ24 chassis. For money saving purpose I would predict that VAG would have designed the chassis so that a independant rear suspension can simply bolt on, as audi and seat did work on developing the PQ25 together!

Poverty

I have little reason to believe that the New-Ibiza & FabiaII are not sharing the same PQ25 platform!

well the way i understand it the PQ24 platform is now extemely cheap to manufacturer which fits in with what skoda is meant to be, also the ibiza is meant to be the first to utilise the pq25 platform which appears to be evident in that the ibiza is getting really good comments about its handling and ride, whilst the fabia 2 appears to perform pretty much like the current polo.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
THis week we've got a Kia Cee'd as a company loaner and sometimes you catch it from certain glance angles and its quite Ibiza-like. Build quality is worse than Ibiza though, but they've copied a lot of the switchgear and details from VAG cars. Dull as ditch water to drive but then its a very small diesel lump. To those who couldn't car less its a fair imitation and with 7 years warranty will swing some of the scrooges.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise