New Ibiza SportCoupe revealed - 3 door model

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Other than that I'm getting used to the front. It's the back that I'm not sure of.

:yes:

I think the corsa thing is coming from the alloys - they are almost identical! I like the rear 1/4 panel lines though :D

Cupra will be nice (well I keep telling myself that!)

Poverty

I could see a diesel vRS fabia appearing. Only makes sense to offer a petrol and diesel.

Gonna test drive a Fabia Vrs once its in the showrooms.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I could see a diesel vRS fabia appearing. Only makes sense to offer a petrol and diesel.

Gonna test drive a Fabia Vrs once its in the showrooms.

I was surprised to read this, but given some insurers won't now cover this car in the UK maybe its not a bad thing. Shame though as it defined an era for a Skoda when it beat the Mini Cooper round TG test track.

Diesel had a lot of development time in the last 5 or so years, and it seems for a short while the VAG petrol lumps are now getting some timely attention with superchargers, FSI systems etc... Maybe car manufacturers are concerned that if they put out too many more diesels the demand for diesel could outstrip the supply capability without building costly new refinery's which isn't a good thing with fossil fuels making an exit from car powering in the next 10-20yrs. They wouldn't make the money back on the build of the diesel refineries if they only operated short term. Back to revs and no soot!

dancupra

Im in Schweinfurt at the minute, and just walked into the town square to see the new mk5 5 door ibiza...... had a normal one, and a green one with the aero kit on, looked very nice, and the interior and dash was ace :)

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
Im in Schweinfurt at the minute, and just walked into the town square to see the new mk5 5 door ibiza...... had a normal one, and a green one with the aero kit on, looked very nice, and the interior and dash was ace :)

:lol: I did the same when in Spain with the Misses, looking round the MK5's that were driving around.

The Misses called me a trainspotter. :D

dancupra

seen a mk5 on the m40 this morning, was mine, then the mk5, then a sport rider mk4 :)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Quote from Channel 4 website on reliability / quality:

"We're not impressed so far; among the cars at the launch, faults such as transmission whine, malfunctioning air conditioning, a sticking electric window, intrusive wind noise, poor window seals and uneven panel gaps were noted. A few glitches are understandable on pre-production cars, but the Sport Coupe is pretty close to customer delivery now, and these cars should have been better finished. There's a sense of general cost-cutting here, with poor sound-proofing and insulation from powertrain vibrations, and Seat seems unlikely to improve on its generally poor performance in customer satisfaction surveys.

But there's the sense that the VW Group is palming poor Seat off with the doggy old engines that it no longer wants for the posher Volkswagen- Audi line-ups.

The 1.6 is gutless and flat given its capacity, is no more refined at motorway speeds"

Sounds promising???! :shrug:

The hatchback variants I saw in the showroom looked OK, but then I didn't drive one.

Last edited:

Poverty

the thing is though the polo and fabia carry the same engines. VAG arent palming SEAT off, VAG have just been too busy developing diesels and turbo technologies and at their own downfall forgotten about their smaller engines.

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
They talking aloud of S*7T

They say this

The Ibiza's basically comfortable, but that cabin does feel dated, and the ambience is ruined by the harsh, noisy engines.

But then they say this

However, the cabin looks superficially good with a nice finish to the dashboard and fascia, and most of this car's technology is already well-proven in other Volkswagen Group models. There's not much new to go wrong here.

Make your mind up.

The ones we got in the showroom look really good, cabin looks 100 times better, plastics are good wouldn't take any notice of that review.

Poverty

2009-ford-fiesta-01.jpg

2009-ford-fiesta-02.jpg

2009-ford-fiesta-04.jpg

New Zetec-S. Looks like ford arent waiting around but imo this fiesta doesnt really look all that nice. The seats themselves are a joke and the interior looks cheap. Wonder how much power it will have though.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.