New LCR Owner

smouse

Aug 4, 2019
Evening all.

Just a quick hello after registering.

I've recently become the owner of a LCR, with the idea of turning it into a (road legal) track car.

It's was a 2 owner LCR, with the previous owner (my dad) owning it for around 13 years. The car was more or less stock when I bought it from him, aside from a remap and a forge blow off valve.

In the few weeks I've had it, I've removed the rear seats, spare wheel etc etc, I've done a Widemouth conversion to the front (with tow strap) and added a vinyl sunstrip (not pictured).

I've got some coilovers on the way along with adjustable top mounts and a short shift kit, then hopefully I can get a track day in and go from there!

Hope to see some of you around!

(As a side note, does anyone have any pointers where to get a new front grille with seat badge from please? I think the part number is 1ML853651 79Y?)

20190724_201551.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bigT's lcr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Welcome, looks like it's being kept in really good condition. You'll have to start a readers ride and post up some progress pics as you go along. If you post the part your looking for in the Horton forum section, they are a seat dealership / one of our site sponsors. They should be able to give you a price / availability.

Reactions: smouse

smouse

Aug 4, 2019
Welcome, looks like it's being kept in really good condition. You'll have to start a readers ride and post up some progress pics as you go along. If you post the part your looking for in the Horton forum section, they are a seat dealership / one of our site sponsors. They should be able to give you a price / availability.

Yeah will do! I'm currently at the "I'm not going too mad with it" stage. But we all know how that usually ends.

Cheers for the suggestion too. I've posted in Listers as I'd messaged Horton on their website before joining the forum. Might just give them a call tomorrow. Hoping it's an easy enough part to still get hold of!

Reactions: Legojon

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum,

If you're anywhere near Doncaster we'd love to see the car at our next meet on the 1st September :)

Cheers

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Reactions: smouse
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.