New Leon Cupra , I changed my mind now i've seen it for real

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
I've got to admit, i was a little negative about the new cupra when i saw the spec on here, it all looked a little Plain, Nothing to grab your attention, nothing to say "look at me i am a CUPRA!!!"

Well i can say now this was an amazing movee by SEAT, the car exudes style, i had about 4 visits tot he seat stand today looking over it, Compared it back to back to the ST and the VXR. And i can clearly say " I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And before anyone asks it has to be in that infiniri ( spelling?) that was on display, from a distance it looks Black, but when you get up close you see its actually a prupley aubergine colour, it s is gorgeous, the yellow loooked just a little too Halfords car park for me. And then you come to the interior, wow, ver nice, after sitting in the Focus ST and being amazed by the Cheap plastics and lack of style in it, you jump in the cupra and think "Wow" it is quality. The dark cupra only roof lning makes it feel very dark inside and very special, The seats are amazing, i hav sat in LCR recaro's before, but these are better, they are firm supportive but overall comfortable. In fact i reckon they could just be a little too comfortable. The red stitching and subtle Cupra badges insde are not OTT. It just reminds so much of the Golf R32 Mk5, in the same way it sits there and quietly purrs " i'm very quick" without shouting " oi wanna race" like the Astra VXR does.

I am now sitting here working out when i change my car for one, i said i would never go back to petrol now i have the TDi, but i can honestly say i will do for the LEon Cupra.

And for all those that say the Leon FR is the best way to go, then think again, cos i tried both and crawled all over them, the FR is just a tarted up Sport, bu the Cupra is the daddy and it knows it.

As for the rest of the motor show, cracking day out a only 30 mins up the road from me, Spent half the day crawling over the new Freelander 2 with me old man, and the very nice guys at landrover gave us both a Free Land rover experiance day to go test the new freelander 2 in september which was nice, so all in well worth a look, i would just not bother going on a Weekend as not much room, least today was nice and empty.

heres some piccies, of the Cupra, check out the purple Hue on it, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saving already:)

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2712.jpg

Last edited:

The Cupra Kid

A member since the start!
Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
Nope, sorry, Its still not doing anything for me! Nice colour.

I looooooovvvvvvvvveeeeee those seats tho...i want those, just those! Oh and maybe the steering wheel!

andih98uk

definitely an improvement in that colour, horrid in yellow but for the 1st time i actually like the new leon!

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
That's the colour the orignal LCR should have come in:) love it, any mention of leather this time around on the options list? cheers for the pics Ant

The Cupra Kid

A member since the start!
Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
just looked at those seats again and have spotted something that troubles me! Any of you remember the porker 968 club sport? think it might have been one of the first road cars with those types of backs... now a few cars are using them, like the RS4 and even that special edition TT, some were even colour coded. Now heres the problem, in those cars they are there for a real resaon (well sort of) and are made from carbon or such like, these just look like halford stick on backs! They look cheap plastic like the rest of the inside!

Im really wanted to love the new Cupra and felt it was going to something worth the wait, its not, and its a real same :cry:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Options are still being finalised as well as prices, but i'd be surprised if Leather is an option to be honest.

Personally if leather was wanted, id go for a professional retrim using top quality leather etc, rather than the semi synthetic like stuff, manufacturers tend to source.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I'm off there tomorrow (walking there!:p ), but in pic 4 is it just the angle or is the clutch pedal very close to the footrest? Looks almost as though the lower part of the footrest would interfere with the clutch foot. Probably just the perspective?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
GrayT said:
I'm off there tomorrow (walking there!:p ), but in pic 4 is it just the angle or is the clutch pedal very close to the footrest? Looks almost as though the lower part of the footrest would interfere with the clutch foot. Probably just the perspective?

As you say just the perspective.

main.php

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
I've been after a Leon sonce november'ish time.
When they discontinued the TFSI and released the FR at £1k more, I went off them.
But after seeing this I'm interested again.
Does anyone have a rough idea of price?

Chris

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Rampage said:
I've been after a Leon sonce november'ish time.
When they discontinued the TFSI and released the FR at £1k more, I went off them.
But after seeing this I'm interested again.
Does anyone have a rough idea of price?

Chris

All they are saying at the moment is £20k estimate, but I would expect this to enter the market around the £19k area.

dramosuk

I still dont know about this Leon! I am off to motor show this weekend and will take a look! Since the new leon came out i have been really leaning towards the Focus ST. The other reason for this is Seat dealerships suck big time!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
GrayT said:
I'm off there tomorrow (walking there!:p )

Look out for a suspicious bloke in a dirty long coat, with sweaty palms and holding a video camera. It'll be Syphon. :whistle:

I'd get there before him, if you want to see it as SEAT intended, it'll look a bit wet and sticky after Syphons come and gone :happy:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.