New Leon Cupra Specification 2.0 TFSI 240 hp

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
240bhp, FWD Massive Brakes! Enter the Leon Cupra. A car that was born on the track, but belongs on the road. After leading the field at the WTCC for the last two years, the Leon Cupra now takes that knowledge and power even further - past the checkered flag and out into the world. The sportiest and hottest version of the SEAT Leon model range has competition written all over it.

Link To Original Article

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Mmmmm, could be tempted away from the Golf GTI for this ...

co2 figures not brillilant but not too bad I suppose, DSG would be the only choice - just need to know list price to see how much in tax its gonna cost!

Lets hope 19's are an option ;)

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I have to say I really like that. I wonder how much it'll cost me to change though...

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Want to see one in the flesh now and also in black!

Looking down the pics, its was ok, ok, cooool seats!, ok ... I want one.

Comparing pics to the prototype one's it looks very similar, main things which they should have kept IMO - steering wheel, bigger wheels and slightly larger rear spoiler, wonder if they will do the it in that red too..

Last edited:

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Looks nice. I was hoping for wider arches (wishful thinking) but at least meaner bumpers than the FR rather than just different bits left unpainted...

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Looks nice but the differences between the outside of it and the FR are pretty subtle. I was expecting it to be a bit more radical and I think some people may prefer the Touring Car style bodykit?

The inside and general spec look good though. It all depends on how it drives.:)

Skinfakse

Mar 3, 2006
Denmark
Nice... :D but exterior dang close to the FR! - In black it will be almost impossible to tell the difference, besides of the red brembo´s and the oval exhaust!

Interior looks much the same as in the FR… but the seats are pretty cool though!

Shame the wheels is “still” only 7½x18 ET51… IMO they have to be at least 8x18 ET45 before they look right… otherwise they “disappear” under the rear wings!

Skinfakse

Mar 3, 2006
Denmark
Anyone who can explain to me what the differences are between the 2.0 TFSI (185hp), 2.0 TFSI (200hp) and the 2.0 TFSI (240hp)? – Looks to me that it is only a question of the ECU… but then again… I know nothing about how engines really work! ;)

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
BeeSix said:
I would expect a different turbo on the 240 maybe? like the 180 to the 210/225 in the 1.8T engines.

If not I wonder how much a remap will get out of it if Seat already use maps between 185 and 240 as stock.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I would expect it to use a different turbo on the 240hp, its unlike VW/Audi to overly stress components, it could well be a detuned version of the forthcoming Audi S3 260bhp engine.

All conjecture at the moment, im sure m0rk will be well on the case on Tuesday at the press launch, and find out as much as possible on the tech specs.

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
i have to agree i was hoping for some slighly more "lairy" wheel arches, a lil like the RS has. else the front looks nice, think a splitter on that also would look good! and 18 x 8 or maybe 19s are the way forward.im still not so sure about the head lights though..i can never make my mind up.
im gonna have to hold off now on a new car to see what that costs...lol

20vtB0b

Cupra R - No looking back
Mar 25, 2003
Woking
Visit site
I wonder if you will be able to order a cupra with Aero kit ? I wish they had made it look a bit more different to the FR. I do like the wheels though :)

Bob

Edit: Do the holes in the rear skirt serve any purpose (diffusers ?) or are they just for show ? Also, on the comparison pictures of the front with the FR it looks to me like the FR has a splitter on the bottom of its front spoiler.

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
ZBOYD said:
I would expect it to use a different turbo on the 240hp, its unlike VW/Audi to overly stress components, it could well be a detuned version of the forthcoming Audi S3 260bhp engine.

All conjecture at the moment, im sure m0rk will be well on the case on Tuesday at the press launch, and find out as much as possible on the tech specs.

Yup - agree, if the bonnet is popped, it's an easy spot (downpipe/cam cover)

but then it may not be quite production ready (just show styled)

Apparently SEAT.com dropped the ball, and released embargoed information early!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
20vtB0b said:
Edit: Do the holes in the rear skirt serve any purpose (diffusers ?) or are they just for show ? Also, on the comparison pictures of the front with the FR it looks to me like the FR has a splitter on the bottom of its front spoiler.

main.php

The reflectors?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
cuprar30 said:
Two questions, how much and whats the Revo power output gonna be. :D

If it's a detuned BPX, I have a feeling it'll be an easy 280, the downpipe routing on a FWD BHZ 'car' that I saw recently was near perfect, they come with a massive FMIC as std (full height)

maybe 300bhp is possible with all the right bits.

I'll guess at 19,000 launch price, with 19750 for DSG

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.