New Leon Cupra Specification 2.0 TFSI 240 hp

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I never had any problems with coil packs on my Leon. Guess I was just lucky.

But I had four leaky doors, a leaky bulkhead and a leaking pollen filter when it wasn't replaced properly. That's the reason I would never consider buying another Mk1 Leon. I don't like runny cars! My Beezer has been dry so far though. Touch wood.

It's problems like these which must be totally eliminated on the new Leon and SEAT will have a great car. It's looking good so far!:)

dangel

Nuclear Banana Boy
Ol' Timer said:
I never had any problems with coil packs on my Leon. Guess I was just lucky.

But I had four leaky doors, a leaky bulkhead and a leaking pollen filter when it wasn't replaced properly. That's the reason I would never consider buying another Mk1 Leon. I don't like runny cars! My Beezer has been dry so far though. Touch wood.

It's problems like these which must be totally eliminated on the new Leon and SEAT will have a great car. It's looking good so far!:)

Bigger prices better build quality? Really hope so!

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
ZBOYD said:
Im quite a way of that yet, just passed 16.5k miles, from new. :blink: It'll be up for sale too later in the year, if anyone is interested. :)

Says the man who told me he wouldn't fit 19's because of tyre costs...

Since you changed your wheels I doubt you've had to buy ANY new tyres for the R... :p

GAmbrose

May 5, 2002
Essex
Visit site
I sat in the black Cupra at the motorshow and wasn't that impressed.

The seats were the only thing that really struck me, other than that i'd say it hasn't really moved on far from my Cupra R on the inside.

The big plastic bit on the back looks silly, and the exhaust doesn't seem to stand out.

Hate to say it, but i'm glad I didn't wait for the Cupra and opted for the Focus ST instead :(

Gary A

Snoopy

Apr 24, 2002
Durham, England.
dangel said:
mrcoyote: "The ST2 comes at £18,495 which includes ESP, a heated screen and Xenons, with full leather for an additional £1k,"

So it'll be interesting to see if SEAT think they can sell at a higher price with a similarly specced car. I wonder how much of that lot will be standard on the Cupra and if not, how much the options will work out as.(
It's what i have been thinking too, Do SEAT think they could get away with charging much more than Ford? If they do they have lost another previous loyal customer in me.

daveeady

Will there be a Cupra R

Does anyone know if there will be? Or is the Cupra it? The only reason for asking here is I've asked MK SEAT who don't know.

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
daveeady said:
Does anyone know if there will be? Or is the Cupra it? The only reason for asking here is I've asked MK SEAT who don't know.

I think Honda for funny about the 'R'. Which is rediculous if you ask me (if true).

daveeady

xJib said:
No. The Cupra is the top of the range.

The Cupra R is dead, long live the Cupra :worship:
Thanks xJib and fivetones. There were a lot of rumours about Honda and even Jag complaining and there may be an R and there may not be.
Thanks for settling it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise