New Leon Cupra Specification 2.0 TFSI 240 hp

performance

as far as I know, the engine is the exact same one. The TFSI can be programmed to go up to 255-260 bhp as far as I know.
I am sure however, other components such as brakes, exterior, some parts of the interior are different.

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
Seems to be a half way house on the specs I've found. The 200hp TFSI runs a 10.5/1 compression ratio, the 240hp version in Leon Cupra runs at 10.3/1 according to the press release and the new 260hp version in the S3 runs 9.8/1. I would guess the compression ratio will have a big effect on the amount of boost the direct injection can work with and hence the output.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
A small snippet of info that's come my way today.

SEAT have decided to delay production of the new Leon Cupra by a month. Spain have apparently decided to re-style the Cupra's look to be more aggressively styled, to differentiate it from the other Leon's in the current range.

Very interesting news and seems criticism by customers/dealers has been taken note of.

No idea of what they plan to do, maybe more info will surface in the next month or so, regarding a Euro launch.

UK time frames were based on a lead time of late December/early Jan 2007, now with the delay, demo's are expected in February 2007, just in time for customers to receive theirs in March for new registrations.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
VERY interesting. How long would it normally take to design from scratch, model, generate prototypes and road test then go into production? Doesn't seem like they've left themselves lots of time.

Someone frantically looking through all the bins for "that sketch we did..." methinks :D

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
TBH, i would of thought that they have already reached the end of the re-styling stage, and they probably have already made these changes, but as a result of the feedback they obviously got post London Motorshow, they've had to do some re-tooling, so hence the delay.

Re-design is too strong a word really, because its not a re-design, its just a re-syling , so i wouldn't expect it to be a million miles away from what we've already seen, maybe a bit more going on with the front bumper, grills or facets, skirts, possible change to the wheels. But this is of course, me just guessing.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
i doubt it would be the aero kit as they are already selling that as an option on the new leons, wouldnt make the cupra stand out on its own, which is what i think they (and everyone else) is after

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
TBH, i would of thought that they have already reached the end of the re-styling stage, and they probably have already made these changes, but as a result of the feedback they obviously got post London Motorshow, they've had to do some re-tooling, so hence the delay.

Re-design is too strong a word really, because its not a re-design, its just a re-syling , so i wouldn't expect it to be a million miles away from what we've already seen, maybe a bit more going on with the front bumper, grills or facets, skirts, possible change to the wheels. But this is of course, me just guessing.

I would agree. From my experience your talking a month or two at the very least for any re-engineering, let along production on a rush job. but that doesnt stop them adding something from their intended parts/accesortry catologue.... thats unless they decided on this before London.

One option is to use some of the unique bits (and their arent many) from the prototype. Whilt the design and surfacing is probably production ready it would have to be engineered form mass production, get tooling made etc etc...

Colour split lines such as the black areas on the rear bumper are much easier to update quickly

It will probably be more a realignment of specs :)

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
Woohoo - I might wait and see what it looks like, was just going to get a GTi or vRS.

Would be great if it was a bit lower and wider - maybe wishful thinking

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Love the exhaust - just looks snug and......purposeful!

Have to say that I' glad they've not gone for the all out Aero kit look - not a fan.

Pretty sure that the performance and handling will win over the doubters. Once it's out on the road folk will recognise it's a bit special.

Won't be surprised if it blows the rivals away - let's face it £20K on a Cupra with 240BHP against a 199BHP Golf GTi - I know what I would rather have. I'm not biased by the way!