NEW Leon FR mini review and PICS

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Well just back from Agnews! What can I say its fudgin awesome, there are no words to describe how well this car goes and drives and looks!

For £18K, there is nothing else on the market where you get the quality of build and comfort! Agnews have fitted a few options to there first one, 18inch alloys, bluetooth and armrest! This car is listed at £18,500! It really is unbelievable how quick the car is, it gets to big numbers on the speedo very quickly!

The interior is at a different level to even the top spec present leon. The seats hold you in going round corners and the armrest is a must to complete the interior! Stitched FR logos in the front seats in a nice touch. The dashboard is almost like "carbon" and the dials are white with FR logos, the dash is very clear and easy to see. The steering wheel is very similar to my current Ibiza Cupra one and feels nice to touch.

The 18's that they have added as an option sit well in the arches but the arches are big so 19s would fit easy. The rear Im a bit worried about the grey plastic around the exhaust, I had a quick look under the car and I have a plan to change it lol modding it before I have it. LOL the backbox sits West to East not the usual North, South.

The ride is so smooth and comfortable, like ridding on air is the only way I can think to describe it. The 18s didnt affect the ride quality at all!

The brakes are excellent, caught me out a few times when I first set off, the slightest touch and they react, much much better than the ibiza.

The quick review has no order and Ive just typed what I can remember as it came into my head!

But I will have one no matter what, 170TDi is unreal and a nice step up in performance for me!

Any things I havent covered, ask and Ill see if I can tell you from what I remember.

Anyway some pics of what could be my "new" car :D

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
our dealer still have it covered up! same colour and wheels though.

Think the other optional 18inch wheels do it more justice (the ones with the bodykit). But hey I might be biased :p

Whats with the rather funky multicoloured armrest??

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
STOCKY said:
Well just back from Agnews! What can I say its fudgin awesome, there are no words to describe how well this car goes and drives and looks!

For £18K, there is nothing else on the market where you get the quality of build and comfort! Agnews have fitted a few options to there first one, 18inch alloys, bluetooth and armrest! This car is listed at £18,500! It really is unbelievable how quick the car is, it gets to big numbers on the speedo very quickly!

The interior is at a different level to even the top spec present leon. The seats hold you in going round corners and the armrest is a must to complete the interior! Stitched FR logos in the front seats in a nice touch. The dashboard is almost like "carbon" and the dials are white with FR logos, the dash is very clear and easy to see. The steering wheel is very similar to my current Ibiza Cupra one and feels nice to touch.

The 18's that they have added as an option sit well in the arches but the arches are big so 19s would fit easy. The rear Im a bit worried about the grey plastic around the exhaust, I had a quick look under the car and I have a plan to change it lol modding it before I have it. LOL the backbox sits West to East not the usual North, South.

The ride is so smooth and comfortable, like ridding on air is the only way I can think to describe it. The 18s didnt affect the ride quality at all!

The brakes are excellent, caught me out a few times when I first set off, the slightest touch and they react, much much better than the ibiza.

The quick review has no order and Ive just typed what I can remember as it came into my head!

But I will have one no matter what, 170TDi is unreal and a nice step up in performance for me!

Any things I havent covered, ask and Ill see if I can tell you from what I remember.

Anyway some pics of what could be my "new" car :D

stocky,

what is it you drive...the 180 petrol or 160 diesel

Im surprised you say the ride was smooth and comfortable. I have a tdi sport which i would imagine has the same or simlar suspension. The last thing i would say is that it rides on air. It is quite harsh sometimes

jedi knight

BIG AND BOUNCY
Jun 18, 2004
West Midlands
Good write up and top pictures, still in love with the special edition one with the body kit :cloud9: thought they could have added the body-kit to the FR :(

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
P0LKR said:
stocky,

what is it you drive...the 180 petrol or 160 diesel

Im surprised you say the ride was smooth and comfortable. I have a tdi sport which i would imagine has the same or simlar suspension. The last thing i would say is that it rides on air. It is quite harsh sometimes

100bhp TDi plus LOL

Mine has the SEAT sport suspension kit and is rock hard

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
DanGB said:
our dealer still have it covered up! same colour and wheels though.

Think the other optional 18inch wheels do it more justice (the ones with the bodykit). But hey I might be biased :p

Whats with the rather funky multicoloured armrest??

This is the dealers demo car and will be for 3 months!

I was surprised at how nice the wheels actullay are. Not sure which look best yet, not sure!

The armrest is leather and has little holes on one half showing some red :£100 fitted

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
STOCKY said:
What you mean?? What should it be???

This is the dealer fit option!

that is for a sport hence the red . you can get an all black leather one .

1P1061000.jpg

Last edited:

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
leonlad said:
that is for a sport hence the red . you can get an all black leather one .

I like it, red works well in there! with all the other red bits, think the angle I got the pic at makes it look really bad! But it wasnt in your face when you where inside.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
whats the plastics like ? are they any better than in the sport

are the door handles black or silver as they look a bit shinny

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
leonlad said:
whats the plastics like ? are they any better than in the sport

are the door handles black or silver as they look a bit shinny

The dash is a carbon effect is the best way to describe it. The door handles are black, car must had only been cleaned after coming off transporter, only 30 miles on the clock, 20 when they got it.

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Syphon said:
Nice. Thanks for the review. Good to see some decent pics of it in black. I'm leaning back towards the Cupra in black after seeing those. :)

Scott

The black was very nice. Its not flat black, its pearlescent sp?!

Im not a black car person but I think Ill get the FR in black!:D

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
jedi knight said:
How come it says £18645 in the windscreen :confused:

Still think the BTCC version looks much Sportier.

Cos I couldnt remember the exact price:p

Its for sale if you fancy buying it!

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
Stocky cheers for your views on the new FR.

Looks like I need to go to my local dealers and take one out for a test drive. Only problem is I have 2 years plus to run on my lease agreement.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
The second photo of the front view really shows how successful the side parking wipers are in tidying up the area at the bottom of the windscreen. It looks really classy. That's one of the best front photos of the car I have seen and shows all the curves off really well.

On the other hand the top photo shows how difficult the new Leon is to photograph well. It looks a bit dumpy and, dare I say it, MPVish. No offence intended about your photographic skills. It's just a very tricky car to photograph.:)

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
The optional 18s look much sweeter than the standard FR wheels. Still not sure about the huge expanse of unpainted plastic on the rear bumper just above the exhaust. Why do they do it? New Golf GTi is the same...

Have to agree with Ol' Timer. The new Leon looks miles better in the flesh. Photographs really don't do it justice. Is it just me or does black hide the detail of the car, not enough contrast against the plastic honeycomb? Does anyboady have any pics apart from black/yellow/red. I like the boring greys / silvers!

Cupra is gonna rock. And be expensive when spec'd up by the looks of things.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.