New Leon FR owner in Milton Keynes

Westy

Sep 30, 2018
Just saying hi, just bought a 2018 Leon 184 DSG FR and I’m very impressed with it! Been a long time VW owner and was shopping around for Golf GTD but found a much better deal with Seat for pretty much the same car.
There’s a few niggles to be sorted, is there anyone local that can re code my door mirrors to fold with one touch on the key pad instead of having to press and hold it for ages.....what were they thinking when they programmed that into the car!!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Just curious but which do you think looks better out of the Golf and Leon being a long time VW owner i'd be interested.

I would suggest you get yourself OBDEleven (£60 for Pro version) - https://obdeleven.com/en/content/7-app-and-features it will help you do most things you require (Android only currently) without getting a full VCDS kit.

You can ask for some coding help in this section - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?forums/vag-com-help-requests.197/

Maybe if @theoldboy is online he can point you in the right direction

After only going to Milton Keynes once is it all just roundabouts lol

Cheers

Westy

Sep 30, 2018
Welcome to the forum

Just curious but which do you think looks better out of the Golf and Leon being a long time VW owner i'd be interested.

I would suggest you get yourself OBDEleven (£60 for Pro version) - https://obdeleven.com/en/content/7-app-and-features it will help you do most things you require (Android only currently) without getting a full VCDS kit.

You can ask for some coding help in this section - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?forums/vag-com-help-requests.197/

Maybe if @theoldboy is online he can point you in the right direction

After only going to Milton Keynes once is it all just roundabouts lol

Cheers

I was drawn to the Golf as I haven’t had one for a long time, I prefer the not so popular models having had several Boras, Jettas and my last VW was a CC which was amazing but as I travel 80 miles a day to and fro from work I rack the miles up pretty quickly so tend to change my car every 3 years.
The Golf is very popular and I see loads of them which is one reason I went for the Leon, almost identical in platforms but a much different look, I love the angles and lines of the Leon compared to the Golf and the DRLs on the Leon are awesome.
It’s a shame they don’t do the ODB eleven for iOS as I’m a apple user not android.
Thanks for the welcome

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I was drawn to the Golf as I haven’t had one for a long time, I prefer the not so popular models having had several Boras, Jettas and my last VW was a CC which was amazing but as I travel 80 miles a day to and fro from work I rack the miles up pretty quickly so tend to change my car every 3 years.
The Golf is very popular and I see loads of them which is one reason I went for the Leon, almost identical in platforms but a much different look, I love the angles and lines of the Leon compared to the Golf and the DRLs on the Leon are awesome.
It’s a shame they don’t do the ODB eleven for iOS as I’m a apple user not android.
Thanks for the welcome
I had the use of a Bora for a few years a while back and loved it!

I agree with the shape comment on the Leon and you do see alot of Golfs on the road these days, but I guess it depends on the location to what cars people have.

If you have iOS you can use an app called Carista which does some stuff but I don't think it does the long coding which you may need. Is it worth getting a rubbish 2nd hand android phone or tablet for OBDEleven? I guess the other option is VCDS which is about £200 and you also need a windows machine I think.

You could get used to the car then at the next forum meet just pop along and there will be plenty of people that can help.

Cheers

Westy

Sep 30, 2018
Ye
I had the use of a Bora for a few years a while back and loved it!

I agree with the shape comment on the Leon and you do see alot of Golfs on the road these days, but I guess it depends on the location to what cars people have.

If you have iOS you can use an app called Carista which does some stuff but I don't think it does the long coding which you may need. Is it worth getting a rubbish 2nd hand android phone or tablet for OBDEleven? I guess the other option is VCDS which is about £200 and you also need a windows machine I think.

You could get used to the car then at the next forum meet just pop along and there will be plenty of people that can help.

Cheers

Yeah that sounds like a plan, how often do you guys meet up?
Living in Milton Keynes we see a huge amount of VAG cars having the main offices here, my Leon was an ex Seat UK car from Milton Keynes that I bought from a dealer in Surrey

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ye

Yeah that sounds like a plan, how often do you guys meet up?
Living in Milton Keynes we see a huge amount of VAG cars having the main offices here, my Leon was an ex Seat UK car from Milton Keynes that I bought from a dealer in Surrey
We've just had a meet in Castleton but I'm in rutland which isn't too far from you so I'm sure we can sort something out if we can find out the coding needed before hand as I'm a MK2.

I think the next meet would probably early next year then in the middle of the year we will have a national meet at a track somewhere.

Meets have been somewhat hard to sort until the push made recently.

Cheers