New Leon fr st owner

Apr 14, 2019
So I've just purchased Leon fr st tech pack. So far loving it
So far changed folding mirrors when locking, alarm beep, light settings, needle sweep.and few other bits
Managed to update the mib1 to 480 successfully. Next question, understand you can't update the maps only via seat. What's the latest map version available and Can this be done by simply buying a newer card from ebay etc. Does it have to be the seat one or doesn't matter long as its a mib1 vw card?

view

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190421-204238_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190421-204238_Drive.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
So I've just purchased Leon fr st tech pack. So far loving it
So far changed folding mirrors when locking, alarm beep, light settings, needle sweep.and few other bits
Managed to update the mib1 to 480 successfully. Next question, understand you can't update the maps only via seat. What's the latest map version available and Can this be done by simply buying a newer card from ebay etc. Does it have to be the seat one or doesn't matter long as its a mib1 vw card?

view

Welcome to the forum.

With the MIB1 the only way you can update the maps is via a dealer. A newer card will not work as the cards are paired to the base unit and therefore one you buy would not work.

It’s a dealer coded item which can’t be worked around, unlike the MIB2 unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2019
Welcome to the forum.

With the MIB1 the only way you can update the maps is via a dealer. A newer card will not work as the cards are paired to the base unit and therefore one you buy would not work.

It’s a dealer coded item which can’t be worked around, unlike the MIB2 unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks for that
Any idea what the latest version is before I go to the stealers
Think I'm on version 4

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.