New Leon FR TFSI - What discounts are people getting?

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Thought I'd start another thread similar to the other thats out there for FR TDis to differentiate them....

Anyway I'm on the eve of ordering my FR (TFSI obviously) and wondering what people thought of the deal I've been offered:

£17,000-
Emocion Red TFSI FR
18" alloys
Bluetooth
Heated seats
Convience Pack
Rear side airbags
Electric Sunroof
oh and a set of mats.

The best price I actually had was through broadspeed.com who were offering the car for £16,860 with the same options (but no mats!), although for that price I would have to go and collect the car in Grimsby (I live in Swansea) or pay £300 for delivery. So the price of £17,000 is from my local dealer 2 miles away...

So what you think about the deal? Can I do better? Its £1390 off list and don't forget the mats!!

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Ordered car on saturday,:) now begins the long wait........:(

also ordered the brushed aluminium door trim to give the inside of the doors a better quality feel.

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
I ordered mine on Saturday.... It should be here in a few weeks.

What spec + colour did you go for? Did you stick with the original options and colour listed above?

Last edited:

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Got the spec as in my initial post (with the addition of the brushed aluminium door trims) only thing is that as I specced a sunroof I have a 12 week wait which takes me to the 1st week of Jan, so I thought well only 2 months to the 07 reg so I asked for it then instead (just to draw out the agony)

Had to have the sunroof though its just that my current car (a mini) has a full length panoramic roof which lets loads of light in and thought that not having a sunroof on the FR I test drove left it a bit dark inside by comparison.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
Got the spec as in my initial post (with the addition of the brushed aluminium door trims) only thing is that as I specced a sunroof I have a 12 week wait which takes me to the 1st week of Jan, so I thought well only 2 months to the 07 reg so I asked for it then instead (just to draw out the agony)

Had to have the sunroof though its just that my current car (a mini) has a full length panoramic roof which lets loads of light in and thought that not having a sunroof on the FR I test drove left it a bit dark inside by comparison.

got to agree with you there, very dark, i didn't take the sunroof but wish i had, when i test drove it at a local dealer the guy thought i was daft wanting a sunroof when the car had climate/air con.My dealer called and advised now november for my car, thinking of asking for my dep back, only wanted 18" alloys and ordered on sept2.:doh:

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
got to agree with you there, very dark, i didn't take the sunroof but wish i had, when i test drove it at a local dealer the guy thought i was daft wanting a sunroof when the car had climate/air con.My dealer called and advised now november for my car, thinking of asking for my dep back, only wanted 18" alloys and ordered on sept2.:doh:

One of the dealers I spoke to also though I was mad for wanting a sunroof he even quoted that if I bailed out of the order the car would be harder for him to shift even if priced identical to the same car without a sunroof. I find that hard to believe!! I think sunroofs are still desirable, some makes are still selling them well (albeit they have a trend for the panoramic roofs now) e.g. the new Honda Civic ES, the New Astra Sport Hatch with a panoramic windscreen, a lot of new peugueots and renualts have a double length roof etc.............

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
K4ith out of curiosity how to you find the performance of the 1.8T (which I assume you have in your GTI) to the TFSI, not having driven a 1.8T for a while ?

Is yours a 150 or a 180?

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
K4ith out of curiosity how to you find the performance of the 1.8T (which I assume you have in your GTI) to the TFSI, not having driven a 1.8T for a while ?

Is yours a 150 or a 180?

I have the 180 Gti, it packs a punch but i get roughly 315miles to the tank, 27-28mpg according to the trip computer, i think it should have came as stndrd with 180.
It is however remapped to 199bhp according to r/r.I like it and if it had 5drs i would keep it, I am getting the FR Tdi tried the Leon Tfsi and liked the power, then my tuner gave me a shot of a remapped TFSi with milltek system and produces 255bhp it was fantastic, the seat feals more responsive than the golf 1.8t & quicker thru the gears.
but alas iam getting old and wanted to get performance with fuel consumption,cheaper car ins & road tax so the Fr Tdi fitted the bill, but a small remap of the tdi is on the cards:clap:

safcnige

I have the 180 Gti, it packs a punch but i get roughly 315miles to the tank, 27-28mpg according to the trip computer, i think it should have came as stndrd with 180.
It is however remapped to 199bhp according to r/r.I like it and if it had 5drs i would keep it, I am getting the FR Tdi tried the Leon Tfsi and liked the power, then my tuner gave me a shot of a remapped TFSi with milltek system and produces 255bhp it was fantastic, the seat feals more responsive than the golf 1.8t & quicker thru the gears.
but alas iam getting old and wanted to get performance with fuel consumption,cheaper car ins & road tax so the Fr Tdi fitted the bill, but a small remap of the tdi is on the cards:clap:

have you spoke to a tuner about the remap for the tdi and has he said what you would expect to get from it?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.