New Leon FR 'with Aero kit'

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Spotted this little beauty at Silverstone (I'd like to say I was sleuthing - but it was given away by it's keeper!)

main.php

Apparently the kit is going through homologation for the FR right now.

papdog

When did you find some sunlight today?! I was sat by that car all day and froze my nuts off!

Graham

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
When did you find some sunlight today?! I was sat by that car all day and froze my nuts off!

Graham

Photoshopped (joke)

I was just glad when I popped there at about 3ish it was sunny, as the red just glows a lot better

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
Still say the std FR/Cupra bumpers look better.

Never have liked body kits on anything though (all my Golf GTIs have sported the german CL-look)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think I like the 'std' rear more than the aero, but the rest looks cool

Seen one in yellow too - now that's contrasting for the mesh

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
I think I prefer the standard FR kit (a bit more subtle). Also the 18" wheels that come as the £350 extra from standard in anthracite give a real nice contrast to the red paint, unlike the silver wheels with the aero kit.

Also the bigger cut out diffuser on the standard rear bumper looks better especially on a red, yellow or silver car.

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Exhausts look a little short ....

Shame you cant just get the bottom section and put on a FR rear bumper to get the twin setup without swapping the whole bumper for the aero one.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Exhausts look a little short ....

Shame you cant just get the bottom section and put on a FR rear bumper to get the twin setup without swapping the whole bumper for the aero one.

They are too short and they know, they are getting the exhaust kit adjusted for the FR, this is a prototype for homologation approval, so its ironing out the problems, its why the FR isn't offered with the kit at the moment.

Zooneycat

Foxy Chick
Oct 18, 2006
Northampton
Hmmm interesting. I've had mine on order for some time, and was told that Seat have been trialling the bodykit for safety standards.

I've ordered the 170TDi FR with bodykit in black, and that will have the exhaust positioned in the centre. The exhaust will the same one used on the new Cupra.

Looking forward to seeing it, pick it up on Friday.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.