New Leon FR 'with Aero kit'

Zooneycat

Foxy Chick
Oct 18, 2006
Northampton
It seems that the FR can't use the bodykit with the twin exhausts. Anybody know why not?

Don't quote me on this, but i think it's only the diesels which can't have twin exhausts, as they get too hot. I had to wait weeks whilst Seat did the tests on the body kit.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Don't quote me on this, but i think it's only the diesels which can't have twin exhausts, as they get too hot. I had to wait weeks whilst Seat did the tests on the body kit.

Didn't the limited edition Sport Reference TDIs with the Aero Kits have the twin exhausts? Might be wrong though..............
Alex

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Sorry to be a bit anal but according to the SEAT UK site the bodykit is approved for the FR now and is shown with the central oval exhaust like yours. None of the Sport exhausts, single or twin, for petrol or diesel, are approved for the FR.

Out of interest what is the standard exhaust for the FR like?

Zooneycat

Foxy Chick
Oct 18, 2006
Northampton
Didn't the limited edition Sport Reference TDIs with the Aero Kits have the twin exhausts? Might be wrong though..............
Alex

They did, but apparently the exhausts get much hotter in the FR, or something like that! :shrug: Whatever, they spent a bloody long time doing the tests!

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
They did, but apparently the exhausts get much hotter in the FR, or something like that! :shrug: Whatever, they spent a bloody long time doing the tests!

Oh well its a pity as I like the look of the twin exhausts with the Aero Kit. But the single one in the middle look is starting to grow on me.
Alex

Zooneycat

Foxy Chick
Oct 18, 2006
Northampton
Sorry to be a bit anal but according to the SEAT UK site the bodykit is approved for the FR now and is shown with the central oval exhaust like yours. None of the Sport exhausts, single or twin, for petrol or diesel, are approved for the FR.

Out of interest what is the standard exhaust for the FR like?

I did say don't quote me. :p

The standard looks just like the old cupra (Not R) exhaust.

BTW, where did you see it on the Seat website?

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I did say don't quote me. :p

The standard looks just like the old cupra (Not R) exhaust.

BTW, where did you see it on the Seat website?

It's in the 'Accessories' section in a drop down menu in 'Services' at the top of the home page for some reason.

http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/uk/SEAT/site/Service/original-accessories/main.html

By the way I think your car looks great in black with the kit on. My dealer, Robinsons, Lowestoft, seem to have been fitting one or two of the kits to FRs. They have a red one for sale in the SEAT approved used cars section and I saw a yellow one parked up the other day.

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
love it...the more I look at the fr and aero bodykit the more im starting to think my stylance is going to look quite dull at the front, hehe

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.