New Leon interior rattles....and other newbie Q's!

Acer1751

Hi!

First post here....had my 2.0TDI Sport for 6 months now and the interior rattles are beginning to annoy me. I had hoped it just needed to settle in but after 28000 miles its getting worse:cry:

First one is directly behind the speedo/rev counter display. Its worse when pulling away in higher gears but its always there. Putting your hand on the top of the binicle helps....

The second is right behind my right ear, possibly the sear belt adjuster button.

The third is so noisy it annoys me that i cant work out where it is! It sounds like the rear parcel shelf is not quite in properly or the rear seats have not been folded back properly but they all seem OK.

So, any owners got similar ones and if so then any suggestions to help the garage sort it on the 30k service?;)

Oil use: Mine seems to vary dramatically. Sometimes its covering 1000's of miles with no use, then sometimes 1000 miles uses a good few litres. Strange as the useage is very similar week in week out.

Sorry for such a negative first post!

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Acer

not sure about the dash rattle - touch wood mine appears to be ok. But the one coming from the rear, i had the same. Release the rear seats and wrap the metal clips (on the frame) in insulation tape. You will then need to really slam the seat back to get it to close, but it cured mine.

Good luck with it - there is nothing worse than a rattle no matter how much you love the car.

Rob

Acer1751

Acer

not sure about the dash rattle - touch wood mine appears to be ok. But the one coming from the rear, i had the same. Release the rear seats and wrap the metal clips (on the frame) in insulation tape. You will then need to really slam the seat back to get it to close, but it cured mine.

Good luck with it - there is nothing worse than a rattle no matter how much you love the car.

Rob

To be honest, now I think about it the rattle only started after I dropped the seats down for the first time.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.