New Leon mk4 thoughts

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I have just ordered a my2020 Leon Cupra lux so I guess mk4 still not coming soon otherwise I presume the copper badge set will be rare to only a few purchased between 2019-2020.Unless I suddenly get delivered a mk4 Cupra lol :)

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I have just ordered a my2020 Leon Cupra lux so I guess mk4 still not coming soon otherwise I presume the copper badge set will be rare to only a few purchased between 2019-2020.Unless I suddenly get delivered a mk4 Cupra lol :)

No Mk4 Cupra unless you want to wait until at least Nov 2020 for it to be released and another month or two for full availability.

Mk3 Facelift Copper Badged CUPRA with Bucket Seats (instead of Leather) for you me thinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
No Mk4 Cupra unless you want to wait until at least Nov 2020 for it to be released and another month or two for full availability.

Mk3 Facelift Copper Badged CUPRA with Bucket Seats (instead of Leather) for you me thinks

Yes :) the car I fell in love with so I’m happy.

Not that we have seen it yet but not liking the look of the Mk4, it looks like a bmw 1 series made a baby with a Mazda

I’m just wondering if the my20 will get the new badge in copper or the Seat badge.

Again not bothered either way,I have ordered Magnetic grey and it looks great.

Has the copper badge only been added for 2019 models onward ?

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
Yes :) the car I fell in love with so I’m happy.

Not that we have seen it yet but not liking the look of the Mk4, it looks like a bmw 1 series made a baby with a Mazda

I’m just wondering if the my20 will get the new badge in copper or the Seat badge.

Again not bothered either way,I have ordered Magnetic grey and it looks great.

Has the copper badge only been added for 2019 models onward ?
Copper badge started from MY19 models afaik. Getting a MY2020 in Magnetic Grey also. I was contemplating waiting another year to get the MK4 but I absolutely hate the look of the pop-out screen it has for the infotainment. Those things look hideous 99.9% of the time unless very high end brands.

Reactions: seatram

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Copper badge started from MY19 models afaik. Getting a MY2020 in Magnetic Grey also. I was contemplating waiting another year to get the MK4 but I absolutely hate the look of the pop-out screen it has for the infotainment. Those things look hideous 99.9% of the time unless very high end brands.
I agree,the cupra as it is now for me is spot on.

When did you order ?

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
Did you add any spec like sunroof,

What sort deal did you get ?
I took everything except leather seats (because they are slippy) and stayed with regular alcantara and DAB (because it isn't used in Estonia). The final price was about 29 000£ with about 13% discount from full price.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I took everything except leather seats (because they are slippy) and stayed with regular alcantara and DAB (because it isn't used in Estonia). The final price was about 29 000£ with about 13% discount from full price.
What are the other options,I was told there is only sunroof and parking pack or similar which did not include reversing camera which is what I wanted?

I was also told leather is no more.

Did you get standard or Lux ?

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
What I've understood is that the way they are sold in the UK and rest of EU differs, as well as the models differ in their possible options as well, UK has a dumbed down version. We pretty much have the standard cupra 300 4drive and then it is possible to add a bunch of extras, some bigger, some smaller: I took sunroof, technology pack 4 (includes every driver aid possible), KESSY, connectivity box for wireless charging, Full Link + Navi update for 3 years, parking sensors for front + rear + camera for rear, electrical drivers' seat and some smaller things. Pretty much only thing I didn't go for was bucket or leather seats

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Yes I have found this,I’m sure I have all that on my Lux with bucket seats except from reversing camera as it has 360 parking sensors if that means anything.

I could not spec it either.

Did you buy it outright or was that total price after finance ?

Did you get the estate ? Maybe that’s different as I got the hatch

Xrb

Nov 27, 2017
What a design disaster, zero originality, its lame

Attachments

• 48693D9A-F331-4E22-AF47-B6A3CBCC5948.jpeg
    48693D9A-F331-4E22-AF47-B6A3CBCC5948.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 145

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia

Visited local dealer few days ago, the guy that sold me my current Cupra said mk4 is coming June this year.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
What a design disaster, zero originality, its lame
When I get home I am doing this with the Ford Focus, Kia Ceed, Mercedes A class and the BMW 1 series. They all pretty much have the same style front end.

Even the Hyundai i30 looks the same but the middle grill is much bigger than on the others.

Strikes me as the safety regulators said "this is the shape, dimensions and style that the front end of all hatchbacks should look like to protect pedestrians" and then all the car designers have tried to put their own take on it and failed...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nathan penney

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
When I get home I am doing this with the Ford Focus, Kia Ceed, Mercedes A class and the BMW 1 series. They all pretty much have the same style front end.

Even the Hyundai i30 looks the same but the middle grill is much bigger than on the others.

Strikes me as the safety regulators said "this is the shape, dimensions and style that the front end of all hatchbacks should look like to protect pedestrians" and then all the car designers have tried to put their own take on it and failed...
Totally agree. As you say, all look the same.
Just watched the live stream of the launch and thought they’d accidentally rolled out a mk3 ST. Had to look twice.
I have a mk1 LCR and of all new cars on sale today I think the latest Mazda 3 looks like that could be a relative of the mk1.
Anyway, I won’t be buying a new car anytime soon so I’ll motor on with my old Leon and the daily Volvo.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Glad I ordered the MK3 the MK4 looks terrible inside and out but does have some cool tech

Fooxy

Nov 27, 2015
Been reading through different reviews on the new MK4 Leon. Some of the journalist are considering CUPRA will be giving the CUPRA Leon a GTE kind of setup, currently the Golf 8 GTE will have around 242BHP from a 1.4 turbocharged petrol engine combined with an electric motor.

Do you think CUPRA will do this or keep the 2.0 turbocharged engine?

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Been reading through different reviews on the new MK4 Leon. Some of the journalist are considering CUPRA will be giving the CUPRA Leon a GTE kind of setup, currently the Golf 8 GTE will have around 242BHP from a 1.4 turbocharged petrol engine combined with an electric motor.

Do you think CUPRA will do this or keep the 2.0 turbocharged engine?
According to Autocar's interview with Marcus Keith, SEAT's head of white vehicle development and chassis, both options will be available.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...on-launches-major-tech-gains-and-hybrid-power

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
According to Autocar's interview with Marcus Keith, SEAT's head of white vehicle development and chassis, both options will be available.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...on-launches-major-tech-gains-and-hybrid-power
Based on that review, the car comes with some interesting new technology, not seen on SEAT cars before which is nice, but does not make up for the rather unimaginative design. I hope the Cupra will atleast look different to the FR. THe current Mk3 Cupra only differs to the FR in exhaust and 5 holes in the front bumper...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.