New Leon ST alor blue owner [some pictures now online]

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Hello everybody. I'm from Slovenia and I am a new user and a fresh Seat owner. Coming from 9 years of Bimmers and 8 different all petrol models of them, thiis is something completely different to me:). Some things better, other things worse, but hey, this is my first new car and I'm super excited:p.

I ordered my ST in august and it arrived to the dealers on wednesday. I will collect it the day after tomorrow, on monday. Now something little about the spec.

Leon ST FR 1.4 TSI ACT engine in a beautiful alor blue colour.

Options list(besides FR package): car alarm, 18 inch wheels, sun roof, pdc rear and front, navigation system, auto dip rear view mirror, rain sensor, SEAT sound system, LED headlights.

I hope I will have a rattle free car, non leaking doors and fully functional led lights:D. These are some of the problems I found on the forum. It is a 2015 model year so my hopes are high:). 0this is someth

A couple of pictures from the dealers.

mkyaud.jpg

2posi8k.jpg

egqo1y.jpg

2ujtg2e.jpg

sli5af.jpg

Footrest...alu pedals will be installed next mont.

qoarf8.jpg

Gearknob...look much nicer than the plastic stock one.

2h4vkg8.jpg

Dirty, dirty Pappa Smurf with dirty BBS winter setup...

b5nsqg.jpg

2h6u6fd.jpg

Dazzling LED, love it...

33aw3u8.jpg

ifonjl.jpg

Sorry for the gipsy environment:wtf:. Pictures taken at my grandmum's[B)].

Last edited:

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Welcome to SCN, enjoy your Leon.

Thank you. From the test drive I've done in august, it should be fun. A nimble car with a sparky and economical little turbo engine plus enough room for the kids and luggage.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
I love my ST, (184 diesel). 6000 miles - no leaks. No rattles either. LED lights are fine (but I have ordered an LED to upgrade the reversing light). Seat Sound is good too. Sun roof lets a wonderful amount of light into the cabin.
I think you will be VERY pleased with your car.
Do you work for the Gartner group? or is that your name...forgive my ignorance.....:)

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
I love my ST, (184 diesel). 6000 miles - no leaks. No rattles either. LED lights are fine (but I have ordered an LED to upgrade the reversing light). Seat Sound is good too. Sun roof lets a wonderful amount of light into the cabin.
I think you will be VERY pleased with your car.
Do you work for the Gartner group? or is that your name...forgive my ignorance.....:)

Thank you, after a long time, I can't wait the weekend is over and that the monday comes already:D.
From what I read, it seems that the estates don't have as many issues as the early 3 and 5 doors.

No problem:). No, Gartner is just a nickname I got when I was little, my name is Aleš, and I have nothing to do with the Gartner group:D

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
I got the Papa Smurf ST on Monday, so far I love it. The first thing I did, when I picked it up, was a 200km drive, with a little engine run-in at the first 50km.

At 140km I parked it and took a half an hour and admired the gorgeus blue colour in the sun set. I hesitated about this colour when I was ordering it, but now I'm 100% sure I nailed it.

I also made two minor modifications. The first one is Seat's sport shift knob with a red pattern. The stock one is simply horrible.

The second one was a GTI/Cupra/S3 alu dead pedal. I plan to install the other alu pedals next month when I get them for my BD:D.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
LED lights are fine (but I have ordered an LED to upgrade the reversing light)

Where are you getting the LED reverse light from, I to would like to upgrade it cause the standard one is sh:censored:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
Where are you getting the LED reverse light from, I to would like to upgrade it cause the standard one is sh:censored:
got two off ebay site wesellhids...have to say it's not as different as I'd hoped for.
maybe should have paid a bit more...supposedly 400 lumens. certainly a DIFFERENT colour, and possibly more focused.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Don't forget to upgrade the 3 wee washer jets to fan jets. See thread on this forum. 5 minute jobbie

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Looks lovely and do like Alor blue :)
Sunroof is great and managed to use mine a fair bit this year with the good weather.

Do all ST sunroofs look like that?
All the other models I have seen with a sunroof have black on the roof that extends to the sides of the roof and to the edge of the windscreen.

I also have a picture with me standing next to the car after bringing it home :lol:

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Gorgeous colour and the sunroof is just phenomenal

I agree, thank you.

For me that colour seems to work best on the ST, stunning looks lovely.

Thank you:).

It seems that nobody in my country has ever ordered this combination(ST and alor blue). The dealer tried to convince me that this colour will probably not work with the ST and that it's more of a SC colour. Well, I gave it a go anyway and I'm glad I did:D.

Don't forget to upgrade the 3 wee washer jets to fan jets. See thread on this forum. 5 minute jobbie

Yes, it's on my TODO list. But for this weekend, it's the rubber pedals replacement for the Cupra/GTI/S3 ones:).

Looks lovely and do like Alor blue :)
Sunroof is great and managed to use mine a fair bit this year with the good weather.

Do all ST sunroofs look like that?
All the other models I have seen with a sunroof have black on the roof that extends to the sides of the roof and to the edge of the windscreen.

I also have a picture with me standing next to the car after bringing it home :lol:

Thank you:).

Yes, all ST have it like that. It's only the glass that's black. I admit that it would be nicer if the whole roof was black. Other than that it's great to have some light in the cabin, it's quite a big hole:D. Maybe it's not visible on the pictures but it is and the children at the back are very happy for that:D.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise