New Leon ST alor blue owner [some pictures now online]

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
glad to hear you're still enjoying it. like the pedals:)

I'm satisfied, not pleased with everything but satisfied:).

Flippin gorgeous car, with the right config as well and the right choice of colour too.
Id say its a good thing they don't offer the kermit green metallic in the ST version. Would never be able to decide which one to go for.

Quick question.
Was the footrest and pedal chaps tricky to install, or are we talking a 30 minute job with a few screws and bolts?

Thank you.

Pedal caps weren't tricky, except for the gas pedal cap maybe. The clutch and brake pedal caps simply replace the rubber ones. You pull them off and put new ones on. The gas pedal cap on the other hand needs some strategy:).

1. Clean the rubber pedal:).
2. Lubricate the alu pedal cap with some soap on the inner edges.
3. Starting at the top, slightly tilted the upper side to the left, you cover both upper corners of the gas pedal and apply the right side of the pedal cap. When upper and right side are applied/attached/rubber edges are over the pedal, you apply pressure on the left side(that's when the soap kicks in:D) and the rubber on the pedal cap should cover the pedal.

5 minute job if I do it again, 30 minutes for me at the first time before I figured out gas pedal cap:).

As for the freaking footrest[:@]. At first I tried to do it as the instructions say. Remove the plastic trim at the doors, remove the side plastic cover at the dashboard, etc. etc. but I didn't like that as it was too complicated and too much taking appart. The footrest itself is pushed down or fixated by a plastic left of the footrest. With your fingers you can lift that plastic and pull it cm by cm over the footrest. When it's released, you move about the footrest so it jumps out from where it's attached and then under slight angle you pull it out from the side. While pulling it out, the plastic that was covering the footrest, should be pulled up the same time, so maybe the temperature should be a little higher so the plastic is more flexible. At the same time you pull the plastic up/aside and with the other hand you remove the footrest.

To install the new footrest it's the other way around. It's quite an ugly scene because of all the flexed side plastic but it is flexible. It took me 30 minutes to change the footrest, if I would do it again, I think 5-10 minutes job. But better to take you time and do it carefully and gradually apply the pulls and pressures:).

Last edited:

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
i6ihie.jpg
s171ok.jpg
fuxoxk.jpg
5l2utd.jpg
2e3crc2.jpg

Last edited:

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Really like your car! Subtle mods but just improve it :D Merry Christmas!

Thank you:). I only need to replacre the windscreen pistol washers with fan spray washers.and I'm done for some time.
Merry Christmas, car looks good.
Bit more each time i looks...:)

Can't wait to go back to summer tyres, I don't like the view with 16 inch alloys:D. Car looks kind of stupid:D.
What's your winter setup?

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
I'm in the process of buying a Seat Leon ST. Once I saw that the size of the glass sunroof on the estate version, it seemed like a must-have. (although still waiting for final pricing, before deciding).

A quick question though:
- Does the front part only fully open/close, or is there a tilt function as well, so that it would just let some fresh air in without it being fully open?​

From what I can tell from this picture, your sunroof is only tilted open. I assume that's one of the possible positions?
16j4ga0.jpg

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Yep. Checked both of those videos before and none showed any kind of tilting function that I could see. That's why I decided to ask an actual owner about this, just to be sure. And it seems like gartner has a picture of the sunroof open only with a slight tilt.

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Yep. Checked both of those videos before and none showed any kind of tilting function that I could see. That's why I decided to ask an actual owner about this, just to be sure. And it seems like gartner has a picture of the sunroof open only with a slight tilt.

Hay. Yes, the glass can be tilted like on the pictures and wide opened. By wide I mean halfway, that is the first half of the glass goes over the back glass and the net goes up at the front. But it gets pretty noisy at high speed:).

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.