New Member in Devon

WideSam

Jun 18, 2019
Hi all,

I put a deposit down on a 2003 Leon Cupra yesterday, picking it up once the MOT has been done. It only done 75k and has a very comprehensive service history. Overall looks very clean. A couple of bits of lacquer peel but nothing too ugly.
I’ve fancied one of these for a while, and needed something more reliable than my WRX. Decided on it after driving my colleagues one, although she has the diesel.

I’m not overly familiar with VAG stuff from a mechanical perspective, so will probably have some questions along the way.

Been having a nose around the forums and you all seem a friendly bunch, I do like attending shows and meets when I can do hopefully get to meet some of you along the way.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Welcome. Yeah, Have a nose around the Leon MK1 forums and readers rides. Feel free to post any questions you might have. Hmm, I thought scoobys were supposed to be bulletproof? Or is that an ole wives tale?

WideSam

Jun 18, 2019
Welcome. Yeah, Have a nose around the Leon MK1 forums and readers rides. Feel free to post any questions you might have. Hmm, I thought scoobys were supposed to be bulletproof? Or is that an ole wives tale?
Thanks, I will do.
Non turbo ones are. The turbo ones tend to be a bit more temperamental! I bought mine as a big of a running project as, I do have the luxury of living virtually next door to work, but I was spending more time under the bonnet and emptying my wallet than driving it!
Before the wrx I had an e39 5 series- now that thing really was bulletproof!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members